Plumbing question

Davyo

I'm in the middle of installing a downstairs wet room.There was a small rad on the wall that got very little heat if any (replacing with a towel rail)Every other rad in the house is piping hit.This rad has 8mm micro piping,and the manifold is upstairs.

Question is,as the manifold hot feed and the hot return run through the wet room.Could I not just cap off the microbore at the manifold and then tap into the (22mm) feed and return pipe with 15mm for the t rail(or if I can do I just have to tap into one)

Hope this makes sense lol

Edited by Davyo

You can tee into both and feed your towel rail 10mm pipe will be more than enough to feed it. Get a rail with some kind of radiator built into it as heated towel rails are only good at warming towels not the room itself.

Edited by figgy

It sounds as though there is carp in the microbore pipe work to the downstairs rad, which was a common problem when micro bore systems were popular. You could cap off the flow and return connections at the manifold and would need to tap into both flow and return pipes (22mm you say) with 15mm flow and return to the new towel rail in order to retain a circuit.

However, it would be wise to install a lock shield valve on one of these connections in order to balance the system. The valves on the towel rail are usually just wheel head type and therefore do not provide permanent balance of the system.

Hope this helps.

OB

Cheers lads,that one hurdle overcome.I have a magniflow fitted.So while the systems drained I may as well have a reflush & fresh inhibitor added.

Chance to wear my Agile's as haven't wore them since stopped shooting.Just hope I don't have to get the Kayak out!

Edited by Davyo

Fixed it (YouTube safes the day again)

Took old rad off opened valves,feed valve slow and black to a dribble.Got the bike foot pump with an old inertubd valve cut off.A bit of hose and some fittings,opened the valve and pumped air into the pipe.A cough and a splutter and it all came away.

Once it ran clear I 're pressurised the system,job done.

Edited by Davyo