Hats off to the police

dunganick

Coming out of school today after a 2hr exam with 3 of my mates we came across a group of 'chav's' outside the school gates, they asked one of my mates for a lighter which he offered them, they then started to take the **** and generally be pains in the *****, to the point they started pushing around one of my mates (who admitadly is a geek and gets a fair bit of this, he told them to back off......... fuel on the fire) one thing led to another and as we are walking off one of them pushes him properly, to which my mate tells him to leave it (these kids are about 3 or 4 years younger than us) to which he then replies "you looking for a fight" my mate says "no, im looking to go home" as my mate turns around and walks off he lands a blow the back of his head. My mate turns around and tells him to "get lost and go home" to which he smacks him in the side of the face for it. My mate pushes him away, not wanting to start anything, yet they keep on following (probably not realising the guy they are ******* off is a black belt in a sport i cant even spell), so not wishing to get into any trouble (me particually holding an FAC) we phone the fuzz, they tell us to wait in the nearby sports centre, as you might imagine the said youths leg it as they see a phonecall being made. 20mins or so later a car arrives, they take some details and radio them through to the CCTV centre. 5 mins later they have identified the youths in the town centre, they take me in the car to ID them, which i do, and less than 30mins after they smacked my mate for no reason other than telling them to stop being a pain in the ****, they arrest the guy who landed the blows. I have to go tomorrow and give an official statement and then they mentioned something about a court of some sort (posh word i cant remember).

I'm genuinly impressed, considering the lack of police pressence in this town its been getting a reputation for unprovoked assault ( i know 4 mates who have been victuims) and finally they are actually doing something about it. The policeman and lady who delt with it were very nice, chatty and seemed genuinly interested as opposed to anoyed at us wasting their time.

Hats off to them, police arnt all bad :unsure:

Fair play to you and your mate for showing restraint Nick :unsure:

Its always in the back of my mind when in a confrontational situation that I could lose my licence so I let others sort it out for me.

Good to hear you had a positive response from the police.

As digger said, fair play to you for holding back buddy.

I'd have smacked him down after the first warning, sometimes it just needs to be done! To walk away takes a lot more balls than fighting back, especially if they were smaller than you. At least the police sorted it for you, maybe cctv is a good thing in certain areas?

I wish I had your sense, you'll do well in life :unsure:

I tried replying last night but the forum was running too slow to let me. :good:

Well done for not turning on them as I realise how bad it would have looked as they were younger and would have all made up a story to defend their mate. Just be careful though. :unsure: You may have the unfortunate pleasure in the not too distant future of meeting the larger, older members of their 'crew' eager for revenge as they know what school you are at and the times you are likely to be there. :angry:

FM :good:

cheers guys, made a statement today along with my friend (the victuim) they are takingthe matter to court as the offender has previous with the police. I wouldnt have been willing to ID the fella as i know they will know my name within hours of him getting out (its not a big town) however i leave school in 2 days, and wont come near this town again in my life if i can help it.

I hope he get what he deserves, he did some damage to my mate, but nothing serious.

jonno, if you knew the reputation of this town then things can quickly get out of hand, i had a friend nearly blinded through a not disimilar situation.