Spartan Precision Engineering

Jaymo

Visited the guys at Spartan the other day with the view to purchasing a new bipod.

Rob and the team couldnt have been more helpful if they tried- was umming and aaaahing over which model to go for.

Robs solution! Take them both to the range and see what you prefer, or take one and if you dont get on with it Im happy to swap them over

Spent the afternoon playing on Century ( love the new electronic targets), found merits to both bipods but settled on the Spartan 300 as in my mind I prefer to have the option of removing a bipod if not required, rather than having to fit one if required.

Brilliant engineering and quality- for those that dont know, they are carbon over alloy detatchable bipods via magnets.

Also interchangeable with other systems for stalk, such as sticks.

Might be a wee bit expensive but having had genuine Harris pods and non gen, these are in a different class

Once again, thanks Rob

Blimey Jay £395!!!!

I do like the idea behind these bipods...........but £395.

I sometimes think we are our own worst enemy. I went to the Midland game fare some years ago and saw little 3 legged chairs being sold for £10.

Went over to the fishing village and saw the same chairs being sold for £5.

Seems as though once we mention that we need something as a shooting aid the companies that make them double the price. ;)

I know- pricey buttttttttttt

Depending on how many rifles you have its a case of having just the one bipod and adapters on each rifle.

So......

Say four genuine Harris pods on rifles and were not far off!

It is a bit of an extravagant purchase but thats my problem - I have a shooting addiction :-)

I know- pricey buttttttttttt

Depending on how many rifles you have its a case of having just the one bipod and adapters on each rifle.

So......

Say four genuine Harris pods on rifles and were not far off!

It is a bit of an extravagant purchase but thats my problem - I have a shooting addiction :-)

But Harris bipod's easily screw on and off ?...

I have 1 Harris Bipod between my 2 rifles

Lloyd90

They do, and I’m prob my worst enemy but as said- I have Harris etc all affix via the forward swivel and yes it wouldn’t take more than a min to swap from one rifle to another.

But have found a pod gets in the way when shooting of sticks and this way I can use it as a pod or when on sticks just whip the thing off and put it in my pocket ( admission, I also have the matching scabbard)

Other little consideration was cabinet space- all rifles with normal pods on tend to clash/take up a little bit extra room, this way I have gained a bit of space for more purchases ;-)

Almost £400 you need your bumps feeling ,Harris copy from China £10

Indeed the copies are reasonable, but I’ve ‘been there’ and thought why not.

My posting was just to say what great service you will receive from Rob and the team and for those interested in something along these lines the get on the phone— you never know what the outcome might be?

Plus after buying various cheapo Chinese parts over the years with a lifespan usually measured in days rather than years I thought I would buy British design and manufacturing.....

Not sure they are any more???

Maybe, maybe not- but what I did see was premises with lots of parts being assembled on site in the U.K.

As to their overall ownership? I like Chelsea but although it's not British owned I would still say it's a British Club

But will say it once again- I only posted to let people know of the great purchasing experience that I had, just like I did with Optics Warehouse