Gun runners get 'massive' prison sentence

Rewulf

http://www.guns.com/2017/11/01/uk-gun-runners-get-25-years-total-for-smuggling-suppressed-pistols/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=59fa395704d3016d63c726a7&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Im not sure if this was in the UK press, I didnt see it if it was.

But seriously, if the courts thought that this was their first run, then I dont know what to say.

10 and 15 years for this sort of crime, sends no sort of message or deterrent really does it ?

Not really; out in 5 and 7?

There have been two documentaries on BBC tv over the last couple of nights; one regarding the rise in knife crime and last nights regarding rising gun crime.

I didnt watch either as they would just make me angry, but it appears both are on a significant rise.

I wonder if there were previous runs and if so how many? Its not like theyll fess up is it?

Not really; out in 5 and 7?

If that.

I wonder if theyll be deported ? Probably drag that through the human rights courts for a few years first, at our expense.

The fact is, if government are serious about gun and knife crime, start handing out some serious sentences.

Especially when, like in this case, an organised crime link has been shown.

It beggars belief that the type of weapons these men were smuggling, for the use of gangsters to murder and intimidate people, attracts the same sort of sentences for cigarette smuggling or weed.

These boys will laugh at that time.

Give them double what they got, with recommendations they serve 3/4 s of it, take the smile of their face.