Moving to inlaws B&B

Royboy

Hopefully I can explain this properly but bare with me ha

ive sold my house and I’m moving to my inlaws B&B whilst me and the Mrs find another house to do up.

The b&b is two separate Houses converted into rooms and there own house is behind them.

the room we want to eventually move into(after Christmas) is occupied until then but after that they are not taking anymore customers in that house because the inlaws are winding down.

for a few weeks we have to Move into another tiny room in the house next door but what I’m asking is could I put my gun cabinet into the first house in the attic room(that nobody uses) aslong as I had the only key, then live in the house next door until January then I’d be moving over to the first house (with cabinet) ??

I understand if you don’t get it haha

1 hour ago, Royboy said:

Hopefully I can explain this properly but bare with me ha

ive sold my house and I’m moving to my inlaws B&B whilst me and the Mrs find another house to do up.

The b&b is two separate Houses converted into rooms and there own house is behind them.

the room we want to eventually move into(after Christmas) is occupied until then but after that they are not taking anymore customers in that house because the inlaws are winding down.

for a few weeks we have to Move into another tiny room in the house next door but what I’m asking is could I put my gun cabinet into the first house in the attic room(that nobody uses) aslong as I had the only key, then live in the house next door until January then I’d be moving over to the first house (with cabinet) ??

I understand if you don’t get it haha

That is a question for your FEO, but could be problematic. The guests in the house (if I'm understanding this correctly) have not been vetted by the police, there could be a prohibited person among them. You are in effect talking of putting your cabinet in a house occupied by strangers to you.

15 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

That is a question for your FEO, but could be problematic. The guests in the house (if I'm understanding this correctly) have not been vetted by the police, there could be a prohibited person among them. You are in effect talking of putting your cabinet in a house occupied by strangers to you.

And as that person is paying for that room as their residence would rightly be expected to be left alone in said room for hours on end as long as they are paying for its use. 

You can not monitor them excessively and they could for all your know be sat there trying to pry it open. 

Why dont you put it in the house at the back that your Mrs parents are living in? I assume you could trust them not to try and break in and the FEO would like be more comfortable with that than some strangers who can’t be vetted. 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I would lodge the guns with a friend or RFD until you actually move in to the property and then inform your FEO.

+1

I took in a couple of guns for a friend who was moving; we both notified both his (old) and my Firearms Depts. when I took them in - and again when they were transferred to his new authority (he moved region) after he had his new SGC from the new area Firearms Dept.  All parties inc all three Firearms Depts. happy, guns with an Authorised person all the time - and always stored in approved cabinet.

Yeah I think that basc or feo is the way forward as said, 

The cabinet will never be in the same room as a customer, it will be in the attic room that only I will have a key for.

putting into inlaws house isn’t really a option because he’s bad with damentia so not sure if that will go against me there. Plus the poor ****** will not understand what it’s for ! 

The best option is to bolt it into the room I’m going to stop in from the star. 

Maybe move it again when the bigger room comes available.