melbs excellent deer drag sling

bumpy22

After a few messages back to mel with reference to a deer sling he was developing. He asked me for my address as he wanted me to try out a new deer drag sling. the sling arrived in the post shortly after and to say i was impressed was a understatement. Not only was it a very lightweight product that would fit into a pocket with ease when folded. but it was also very well made and extremely strong material. That would last years of wear i am sure. I tried it on but could not catch the kids to trial it in the front room lol. The length seemed ideal as you could put your arm behind and pull the sling as well as drag it from your upper body if needed.

Time to field trial it. So not tempting fate i put it in my pocket. Without doing a full write up here i managed to bag a roe doe and 2 young  followers. The drag back was so much easier due to the sling. The deer were well attached via the loops and it all made for a effortless extraction. Even with two deer attached the sling was comfortable with weight spread evenly. 

I would say this is a must have product for any stalker. It makes it so much easier extracting deer with hands free to carry sticks  support rifle etc. There is also the benefit of you not being in close contact with the animal while they are slung over your back. As we all know what the little ticks are like carrying lymes disease.  Less chance of having a infected one get on your body the better.

The strap can also be used to great effect for suspended gralloch which is what i did with it suspending the deer by its legs. The loops held really well and made for a clean stable gralloch at the nearest tree.

Final assesment is a top product by a great company who want the products to be tested with positive and negative feedback so it does not effect there reputation for producing top gear. If only all companies produced gear to this standard with the same customer care well done:good:

sorry bumpy , ive only just noticed the thread mate.

thank you very much for testing them , and thank you very much for the glowing reference . weve had a few of the drags and slings , in the field with pw members , so far , the feedback has been absolutely fantastic, and better than we could have ever expected.

it hasnt been tested on reds yet , but , the drag will be stronger than a human (by a long way) , so i doubt if they could be broken while in normal use , and if they did get broken , wed just send you a new one anyway . 

these drags are already extremely strong , but if they needed to be made stronger , then we would just make them stronger.

21 hours ago, Hendrix's rifle said:

How much weight will the slings take? Would they be suitable for dragging reds about? Steve, duct tape sorts that sorta thing?

if i remember correctly(her good self isnt here at the moment to check) , the weakest part of the drag sling will lift 300 kg (according to the manufacturer) , and the shoulder strap around 2t.

49 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

sorry bumpy , ive only just noticed the thread mate.

thank you very much for testing them , and thank you very much for the glowing reference . weve had a few of the drags and slings , in the field with pw members , so far , the feedback has been absolutely fantastic, and better than we could have ever expected.

it hasnt been tested on reds yet , but , the drag will be stronger than a human (by a long way) , so i doubt if they could be broken while in normal use , and if they did get broken , wed just send you a new one anyway . 

these drags are already extremely strong , but if they needed to be made stronger , then we would just make them stronger.

you can stick the pics up if you want mel. have not got a clue how to do it lol

ive put an ad in the sales section if anyone wants to take a look at a sling .

the drag slings are £15.00 , and the leather carry slings are £28.00 , if theyre bought together , the cost is £40.00.

the breaking strain on the drag sling is 440kg , so theyre more than strong enough for reds. 

all of our gear comes with a guarantee , so any breakages , and we would just send you a new one.