Police Interceptors - Channel5

ADT06

19 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not misleading at all, when you are caught speeding under normal conditions you accept a NIP (notice of intended prosecution) in exchange for points and a fine, it is then not classed as a criminal offence, so my stateent is correct, I just couldn't be bothered and doubt anyone would be interested in pages and pages of law to make a simple point.

Like I said, what I posted earlier I beleive to be factual, it was a 3 year study by the police compiled of arrest data and intelligence reports, if you don't count that as factual that's up to you, you can make your own opinions.

Entirely up to you, no offence taken.

It is entirely misleading and your earlier statement is wholly incorrect.  You said it was a civil offence, it isn't.  Speeding is a criminal offence that in some circumstance the law prescribes that it can be dealt with via a fixed penalty which does not result in a record of criminal conviction.

The point, very evidently, is not simple as it is abundantly clear you are incapable of understanding it, or maybe you just can't be bothered.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

It is entirely misleading and your earlier statement is wholly incorrect.  You said it was a civil offence, it isn't.  Speeding is a criminal offence that in some circumstance the law prescribes that it can be dealt with via a fixed penalty which does not result in a record of criminal conviction.

The point, very evidently, is not simple as it is abundantly clear you are incapable of understanding it, or maybe you just can't be bothered.

Yes I'll accept that, I shouldn't have said civil, my point was it's normally speeding is not dealt with as a criminal offence, I totally accept I was wrong to say "civil".

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not misleading at all, when you are caught speeding under normal conditions you accept a NIP (notice of intended prosecution) in exchange for points and a fine, it is then not classed as a criminal offence, so my stateent is correct, I just couldn't be bothered and doubt anyone would be interested in pages and pages of law to make a simple point.

In your earlier post you clearly stated that speeding etc is not a criminal offence but a civil offence. That is both wrong and misleading

In your post above you say by accepting the NIP it is then not classed as a criminal offence. Again, that is both wrong and misleading.

Speed limits are set by law. Exceeding a defined speed limit is Breaking the law and is an offence with the potential to receive a criminal conviction. It is, therefore, a criminal offence. If you plead guilty by post then you do not receive a criminal conviction but that does not change the nature of the offence from that of a criminal offence to something different.

Unfortunately some PW members could accept what you say on this matter as fact when it is not.

Your attempted wriggle factor above does you no credit. "Ignorantia juris non excusat"

6 hours ago, figgy said:

So what about these police interceptors ? any other scuzzy ner do wells to debate  this ones been a good one for first eight pages.

I’ll watch the next episode and see what comes up - anything decent appears and I’ll get a Police Interceptors “The Sequel” thread going!