henry d

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Scully said:

It is indeed an interesting topic. I’ve read many accounts of people who grew up to commit all manner of evil acts; some of whom it was unsurprising given their upbringing; but there are possibly many cases to the contrary which don’t see the light of day due to the fact they have led unremarkable lives.

What I did find fascinating was the astonishing acts of evil carried out after Hitler rose to power ; often from one neighbour to another, and friends whom up until that point had mixed seemingly quite happily with each other. 

Inbred subconscious indoctrination? 

When you have a dictatorship on the back of a global market crash these things are bound to happen. There was violent suppression of the people, lack of freedom of speech, distinct lack of political opposition, deep hatred of communism or anything like it, control of christian worship, which led to cult leadership of AH, a secret police (Gestapo), nationalistic fervour which was whipped up to frenzy level, meaning that anyne who didn`t fit in within German race/cultural/religious ideology was to be be controlled or destroyed.

Inbred sunconcious indoctrination, ***?

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

When you have a dictatorship on the back of a global market crash these things are bound to happen. There was violent suppression of the people, lack of freedom of speech, distinct lack of political opposition, deep hatred of communism or anything like it, control of christian worship, which led to cult leadership of AH, a secret police (Gestapo), nationalistic fervour which was whipped up to frenzy level, meaning that anyne who didn`t fit in within German race/cultural/religious ideology was to be be controlled or destroyed.

AH rise probably fuelled by the lack of food and employment?

48 minutes ago, henry d said:

You may well be right.

By inbred subconscious indoctrination I mean the suggestion of anything implanted at a very early age by an elder ( usually a parent and usually regarding religion ) of an illogical belief as fact. Akin to that of the tooth fairy and santa. :) There are many instances; such as intolerance or bias towards or of anothers religion, colour, race or gender. These things are taught, or as we say around here..inbred. 

On 21/02/2018 at 20:05, Scully said:

You may well be right.

By inbred subconscious indoctrination I mean the suggestion of anything implanted at a very early age by an elder ( usually a parent and usually regarding religion ) of an illogical belief as fact. Akin to that of the tooth fairy and santa.  There are many instances; such as intolerance or bias towards or of anothers religion, colour, race or gender. These things are taught, or as we say around here..inbred. 

Maybe that's a cultural part of all of our upbringing which includes the likes and dislikes of food even?

That's probably not the trigger point where it all kicks off though?

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2018 at 14:16, Scully said:

It is indeed an interesting topic. I’ve read many accounts of people who grew up to commit all manner of evil acts; some of whom it was unsurprising given their upbringing; but there are possibly many cases to the contrary which don’t see the light of day due to the fact they have led unremarkable lives.

What I did find fascinating was the astonishing acts of evil carried out after Hitler rose to power ; often from one neighbour to another, and friends whom up until that point had mixed seemingly quite happily with each other. 

Inbred subconscious indoctrination? 

Sorry to bring this back to the top but this came up a few minutes ago, and I think she has it right (It`s only 9 minutes long and the best is in the last third but do listen to it all)

Hannah Arendt on why people collaborate with evil