Beating in Scotland wanted

Does anyone know where I might get some experience for me and my Springer, He's 3yrs old and not getting enough work experience, he will go all day, recalls spot on but needs to see how its done, Im a good bit older and but active, happy to travel 

Can't remember which island u are on now?

Ur best bet would be to go inot the local gun shop when ur next buying bullets and ask in there.

The monies rubbish (and i know not the reason we do it) but if u have a long travel(plus ferry?) u won't get very often, whereas if u got somewhere closer.

Must admit not sure wot the craic is up there with game shooting, if many eastates doing driven days.

Might be more wild walked up days and woodcock etc so not as much need for beaters, unless ur dog is very steady

The estate above and many other big 1's are wanting beaters there almost full time/doing all/most of there dates and not usually that bothered with occasional random beaters so there not chasing up beaters every night

Thanks for the replies folks, Guzzicat has kindly offered us an opportunity, it is simply my desire to see Gus doing what he was bred for as he is so keen to hunt but not getting enough chance with just me, I appreciate all the replies and will follow up all the suggestions, 

Im still on Harris Scotslad and still looking for a supply of Pheasants next season...!

Have u tried asking ur 2 local estates? I just done a quick search and 2 estates pinged up. (Must admit for sme reason i thought u were up orkney??)

That lad u worked with on the mink is just below u too, on Uist, think they have more and more shoot days each year too, but again more wild birds

I know they won't have pheasants but they advetise for snipe/woodcock and walked uo grouse, while none really need any/many beaters i'm sure the keepers could put u in touch with other shoots more semi local.

be handier for getting game too

Another idea is having a go at the grouse if ur fit enough (apologies if u are, i've got no idea) some scottish moors have 'bothy' beaters and they'll put u u in some basic digs and feed u and u beat for them. Atleast it would save u paying for digs if ur travelling, a few of those shoots have low ground shoots too