Armsan.

The Heron

I have had an Armsan 612 for six months I bought it as a cheap semi auto for pigeons. I have used it a lot and I have to say I am very impressed. I can’t recall a single time it’s jammed and it consumes all the shells I have put through it including 24 gram clay loads. Build quality is excellent for the price mine is the wood furniture version and the stock is nicely figured and I really like the way the gun handles. My wife has started using it for clays recently and she gets on very well with it. I have had many autos over the years and sold them on after a while (includIng a Benelli M2) but this gun is staying!

dont think you can wrong at the price 

hello, when i was looking for a semi auto, doing a bit of research the 612 was one that fitted my specifications, i phoned the importer to ask a few questions one being reliability, he said they have a very early 612 that is a test gun which quite a few use at weekends, estimated many 1000s shot through and no problems so i bought one 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Own one, love it, no problems build quality is great for the price, feeds reliably, only thing I'd say is to ensure you at least wipe the main spring down after use, or within a reasonable period or give it a light wipe with grease to prevent corrosion from the gasses generated through use.

I don't want to sell mine (it's in the private sales section) but I need to shift one gun to get funds towards a 45-70 and claw back some cabinet space. In a year or so, when I get room back in the home office I'll fit another cabinet and would buy another in a heart beat. 

I have two shotguns, this and a Beretta which has been altered to fit me, I did consider, briefly, selling the Beretta instead. I think that sums up what I think about the armsan. Brilliant, affordable semi auto. 

Edited by mick miller

I've owned one for over a year now as a knock about pigeon gun. It's had a few thousand shots through it and I admit I've never cleaned it! Cycles everything, even 21 gram loads. Build quality us fine and it's also accounted for a fair few duck with steel through it. Can't fault it. My ones an a612 with the plastic camouflage stock.