Wasp sting

ShootingEgg

44 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

A lad I know disturbed a wasp nest in a roof space, got stung, ended up in hospital with a severe allergic response...anaphylaxis....hence my earlier posting for ShootingEgg to keep an eye on it!

Seems to be fine, leg just feels bruised now. Was more a shock of it happening as I was just walking, I'd expect it if I'd batted it away from food or my face but the sudden jab to th ankle area was a bit out of nowhere. 

Can't stand wasps. As a child I was walking round a pond in early Autumn when 2 got inside my anorak hood. In my panic to get the hood undone I jammed the hood cord. My older cousin who was fishing there cut the hood cord and got them out and took me home. I was stung all round my neck and face. I remember being ill and off school for quite a while after.

Recently the shed in the wood acquired two wasps nests. Rentokil wasp foam sorted them out.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:39, panoma1 said:

Keep an eye on it! I understand people who formerly had no problem with wasp stings can develop an allergy at any time......

That was certainly true of a bee keeper friend near me who had to give up when he suddenly started developing a serious reaction to bee stings after 25 years without a problem 

Edited by Vince Green