Another glorious 12th, another protest

ShootingEgg

Jolly good; I'm pleased someone was heard. I'm disappointed of course, that I didn't get a reply, though I would be interested to know why, and I think four days is enough time to respond, especially online. At least they may be aware that there are those who wont simply sit back and allow misinformation ( deliberate or otherwise ) to go unchallenged, although I'm totally aware that without a retraction or correction, that misinformation continues to misinform. 

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

Jolly good; I'm pleased someone was heard. I'm disappointed of course, that I didn't get a reply, though I would be interested to know why, and I think four days is enough time to respond, especially online. At least they may be aware that there are those who wont simply sit back and allow misinformation ( deliberate or otherwise ) to go unchallenged, although I'm totally aware that without a retraction or correction, that misinformation continues to misinform. 

I got a response the next morning. No messing straight in with what ive pasted in this thread. 

I dont like how they are very one sided yet bleet on about impartiality. 

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

It can’t help but give that impression when it retires and ignores the likes of impartial presenters such as David Bellamy and Robin Paige and replaces them with the likes of Bill Oddie and Chris Packham, whom have definite agendas.  

+1

On 14/08/2018 at 21:36, Scully said:

Are BASC/NGO actually conducting surveys on moors once keepers for grouse? I agree, it would be a fantastic opportunity if so. 

I would imagine not, not really heard of them doing it before, possibly outside their normal remit.

But for a 1 off they really should try to do some thing, not often u get the chance esp on fairly high publicity morrs like Ikley and Langholm many will know the history etc.

I would say it could be a bit of brilliant PR if shooting orgs could show proof of the decline in species after the antis stopped the shooting management.

Also a quick vegetation study, with the wild fire on Saddleworth allowing vast areas of rank woody heather must be a hazzard.

Also the impacts of wot happened on Saddleworth could be used as a good bit of PR could be massive water quality issues as well as erosion for a long time to come.

Not saying wouldn't of happened on a burnt moor but probabilaties would be smaller.

The war on grouse shooting is only going to get worse and if i goes commercial or released reared bird shooting wil not be long behind which will hit every level of the sport (including diy syndicates)

Thankfully the GWCT DO carry out surveys like that, not sure if they are planning any work at Ilkley but were involved as stakeholders at Langholm while the projects was running.

The GWCT has already carried out similar work on its own lowground shoot, took it from nothing into a wild bird shoot, then stopped keepering and feeding but leaving the habitat and measured the decline.

Quite often the 1 thing that sets us apart from the antis wild rabid claims is often shooters can prove the benefits of wot they do and very often the data is supplied by the GWCT, which is a very good reason any game shots or folk who use snares/traps should be members as there the folk that provide most of the data that u can argue the point on. 

8 hours ago, Penelope said:

Well, I'm glad to say that after speaking to the sporting agent with whom I have booked my day, the moor in question are honouring their commitments for this season, so it looks like I shall be going to the ball.

Fantastic news!

I had a good opportunity come my way today also ....

A lot can happen between now and then, but I've booked the day off?

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2018 at 22:23, Smokersmith said:

Fantastic news!

I had a good opportunity come my way today also ....

A lot can happen between now and then, but I've booked the day off👍

Well, following a call from the agent in mid September informing me that the day had been canceled, I received a surprise call yesterday from the agent informing me that the day is back on, the estate having shot last week and seen good numbers of grouse.

Now, where did I put that ball gown?

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

Well, following a call from the agent in mid September informing me that the day had been canceled, I received a surprise call yesterday from the agent informing me that the day is back on, the estate having shot last week and seen good numbers of grouse.

Now, where did I put that ball gown?

Great news!!!