Keeping Cats Indoors

lord_seagrave

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:10, Vince Green said:

The trouble is cats and busy roads are not a good mix. My step daughter lives in the country but on a busy road, its not an A or a B road but its very straight and cars go down it at 80mph +.

She lost three of her cats in about 3 years and now she has a secure run down the garden and a cat flap into the house. I have to say the cats seem perfectly happy.

This is the solution to the cat issue! All cat owners move to a similar location as the above and install a run or let natural selection take place. ?:innocent:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbours with outdoor cats are in my opinion inconsiderate neighbours who either don't know how unfair they are being - or just don't care where their cats drop their scats and terrortorial scent marking.

We used to have a daily chore of clearing stinkiiiiiiing cat poo from a shallow gravelled pit to help get under my cab to do oil changes and such. I eventually and very tolerantly concluded the pea gravel was broadly similar size and looseness of cat litter - making it easy for moggy to scratch it over its mess. I swapped the pea gravel to bigger pebbles - and the problem stopped...

... To be resumed in my specimen lawn feature dwarf pampas grass - along with their competive scent marking stink .... I dug that up too.... only for cats to start using the evergreen hedge and flower bed borders that I also eventually got rid of to. See where this is going? The ******* things then started doing it on my lawn instead! 

I dug that up too - and have now gone to the expense of block paving the entire front of our dwelling. Its cost me large amounts of time and money to stop the stink caused by other peoples admittedly cute fluffy pets. We shouldn't have to do this.

I have cut our immediate neighbours lawns when I do mine for quite a few years, they too have had an ongoing issue with cat littering - and now its worse for them because they now get what was left on mine, but they are younger and still struggling with paying a mortgage so don't have time or funds to consider using concrete  or pebbles to shift the issue to some other poor suckers patch. I'm totally sick of constantly smelling the stink that neighbours three and four houses away cause by owning the ****** things, Its simply not ***** fair.

We've also had the issue in the rear garden - where I plant small amounts of vegetables in borders around the lawn. Its less of an issue now I've found plastic spikes that can be fitted to fence panel tops that are very uncomfortable for moggie to walk on, and have bought a feral cat trap for when they manage to still get in. Don't ask what happens in that case.

I resent having had to go as far as I have to deal with the issue that has been caused by other people owning cats! I've kept this post polite - much more polite than I feel about the things.

Edited by Dave-G

31 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

We've also had the issue in the rear garden - where I plant small amounts of vegetables in borders around the lawn. Its less of an issue now I've found plastic spikes that can be fitted to fence panel tops that are very uncomfortable for moggie to walk on, and have bought a feral cat trap for when they manage to still get in. Don't ask what happens in that case.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the above, but IF you mean you illegally dispatch people's pets your likely to get your collar felt at some point and rightly so, it would also be an idiotic thing to post on a forum, unless I'm missing something, in which case I stand to be corrected.