Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HW95J

Sling mounts- Semi Auto

    Recommended Posts

    Looking to put some sling mounts on my Webley 810 (synthetic). I can drill into the stock for the rear one (there's already a dip here and not sure if that's a factory thing or a failed attempt!). In terms of the front swivel, many semis have end-caps with them attached. As this isn't the case, what are my options? Apparently there is some interchangeability with these guns and Hatsans, if so, would a Hatsan end cap with sling mount fit without modification? 

    Thanks in advance! 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    They must all be similar size as they are all for 12g tubes (on a 12g obviously). The only difference might be the thread. You'd really need to try one to be sure. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I bought a new end cap for my 11-87 with a stud for it, all good except the swivel broke 😣 so the ‘nipple’ falls back inside the cap without the sling on. 

    Just leave a sling on it now to avoid issue 😂

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    You can get a tube clamp with side swivel fitted (if you have enough exposed mag tube of course)

    You can drill through the centre of your end cap to mount a swivel (use the largest machine screw possible and affix with a nyloc nut

    For the stock, the same applies, do not be tempted with just a self tapper(unless there is plenty of meat to bite into) if the screw enters a void in the stock, shape  washers to fit and again use a nyloc nut

    I have seen mounts made by fitting a steel spacer either between the stock and receiver or between the stock and butt pad with an extended shaped loop either to one side or below, likewise, if your mag cap fits tightly to the fore-end, a steel spacer with a loop below would work

    There are 'no swivel' slings available on the 'bay I believe, that simply attach by a slip loop so no drilling needed

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    i did my synthetic armsan myself,bought 2 sets of swivels from china £3 delivered the type threaded with nuts on for plastic stocks,the end caps looks like plastic but is realy alloy,i found so drilled centre ground nut down make it thinner,fitted it to end cap and dot punched thread so not to come undone,,,works a treat.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Thanks everyone. No swivel is looking like the best option. There's no exposed mag tube to attach to and I've not got sufficient skills/experience to modify the existing end-cap. Have enquired with a company that provides spares to ask whether there is compatibility between Webley/Hatsan end caps. No response... 

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, HW95J said:

    Thanks everyone. No swivel is looking like the best option. There's no exposed mag tube to attach to and I've not got sufficient skills/experience to modify the existing end-cap. Have enquired with a company that provides spares to ask whether there is compatibility between Webley/Hatsan end caps. No response... 

     

    Can you not drill a hole in the end cap ?

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Just checked a Wobbly 812 against an early hatstand.

    The threads seen sort of ok although the knurling to lock the end cap is totally different.

    So no the one's I have aren't compatable.

    You'll have to drill the one you have as sugested.

    Has a neighbour got a drill press?

    Or a small engineering firm would do the hole for free or a "beer token" at most.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, gotgcoalman said:

    Just checked a Wobbly 812 against an early hatstand.

    The threads seen sort of ok although the knurling to lock the end cap is totally different.

    So no the one's I have aren't compatable.

    You'll have to drill the one you have as sugested.

    Has a neighbour got a drill press?

    Or a small engineering firm would do the hole for free or a "beer token" at most.

    Thanks for checking this, much appreciated 👍

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    tried loadin pics to pm could do it so here they are,if you need more detail pm me ur mailbox.you need 2 sets of these swivel mounts threaded with nuts on them for plastic stocks.ebey item no 173500009017

    IMG_7071_1.jpg

    IMG_7068_1.jpg

    IMG_7073_1.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

    tried loadin pics to pm could do it so here they are,if you need more detail pm me ur mailbox.you need 2 sets of these swivel mounts threaded with nuts on them for plastic stocks.ebey item no 173500009017

    IMG_7071_1.jpg

    IMG_7068_1.jpg

    IMG_7073_1.jpg

    As in PM have got these ordered from the bay. Updates to follow once they're over from China-  see you all in 2019 :lol:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×