SIDE BY SIDE SLIM STOCK BUTT SLIP ON PAD WANTED

oldypigeonpopper

hello, cannot seem to find one of the above that would be a good fit to go on my spanish side lock, not worth having a fixed pad as will only use now and again, measured at 4 3/4 inch length by 1 3/4 inch at centre, 1/2 inch pad extended,  most i see are for O/U stocks, any help appreciated 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Hi oldypigeonpopper I have an orvis slip on recoil pad that is secured and kept tight to the stock with a Velcro closure Uttings stocks them in various sizes I think. It doesn't slide about on my Winchester model 12 slips into the shoulder well and is quite comfortable. I also had a galco pad which looked identical which I passed on to a friend for his Dickson side by side and it fitted well ,he is very pleased with it. The galco was a dark brown I think the orvis pad may be a bit lighter so depending on your stock finish one may look better than the other on it. They are over £60 for the orvis and about $65 for the galco dear but very well made and should last. Both easy to find on google

On 24/12/2018 at 11:00, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, cannot seem to find one of the above that would be a good fit to go on my spanish side lock, not worth having a fixed pad as will only use now and again, measured at 4 3/4 inch length by 1 3/4 inch at centre, 1/2 inch pad extended,  most i see are for O/U stocks, any help appreciated 

Hi, compliments of the season to you.  I have just grabbed a minute between eating bouts and came across you request. I had seen neoprene stock slip over recoil pads used on guns, when I was Instructing at various grounds, and thought they would fit the bill. They were a tight fit over ALL of the gun stocks, regardless of size. I googled ' Neoprene gun stock extension' and came up with several different types on Amazon, all around £15 and most post free. If I could post a link, I would, but I am unable to do that  ! Have a quick Google and let me know how you go on.  W. 

2 hours ago, Westley said:

Hi, compliments of the season to you.  I have just grabbed a minute between eating bouts and came across you request. I had seen neoprene stock slip over recoil pads used on guns, when I was Instructing at various grounds, and thought they would fit the bill. They were a tight fit over ALL of the gun stocks, regardless of size. I googled ' Neoprene gun stock extension' and came up with several different types on Amazon, all around £15 and most post free. If I could post a link, I would, but I am unable to do that  ! Have a quick Google and let me know how you go on.  W. 

thankyou Westley, i looked on those with Amazon but only see color black, i tried on flea bay name of bear tooth, just happens A1 decoy have some in called APG  so will go for that one and hoping it will fit my slim side by side stock thanks

I use slip on leather pads when shooting some of my antique side by sides. They vary in size and you do need to try one on the stock so you can to guarantee a tight fit. If you feel up to it why not buy a piece of vulcanite and make a proper extension your self. It is not difficult if you take your time.

The local gun shop does an Italian made 'squidgy' rubber pad, they come in different thicknesses to alter the LoP. I fitted a 12mm version on my Browning and found that grinding it down to fit was quite an easy task. I have a hand held B & D belt sander which I was able to clamp in my vice, thus making it a bench belt sander. I just sprayed some silicon on the rubber sides for the final sanding, to make it smooth. Worked a treat, cost around £20. If you decide to fit a pad and you want further information on these pads, PM me. W.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 11:00, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, SORTED NOW