Limited numbers new Guerini Invictus 111

figgy

Anyone know anything about this latest offering, the new limited numbers Ceasar Guerini Invictus 111 summit and Impact models even more technically advanced.

This popped up on Instagram tagged  British shooting show. The bit even more technically advanced, it's this sort of stuff that makes me wonder what's wrong with the guns they've already made. It's like saying buy this one it's better we made it much better, so does that mean the older ones are carp.

Can't find any info on what the technical advancements are. Do any of the PW collective know.

Edited by figgy

It’s the appeal to the tackle tarts that they are looking to . All the makers will offer something new in their latest model to to try and sell some guns. Go and buy a B325 or 686 or 687 and you will have a gun that will last a life time . The only part that I have had replace on any of my guns is strikers .

harnser

Edited by Harnser

4 hours ago, Harnser said:

It’s the appeal to the tackle tarts that they are looking to . All the makers will offer something new in their latest model to to try and sell some guns. Go and buy a B325 or 686 or 687 and you will have a gun that will last a life time . The only part that I have had replace on any of my guns is strikers .

harnser

It's all down to personal preference

When i first went for an o/u i looked at Browning and Beretta because everyone sugested them

At the time There was no Beretta in the shop that fitted me nor the gun instructor

I went to another shop and bought a Browning B525 and later a Browning citori white lightning 16g and having pursevered for 5 year came to the conclusion they do not suit me having lost my confidance

Bought a CG Magnus and all confidance resumed  Totally different gun Having bought 8 CG's and still own 4 I would recommend them

This CG in question emulates the diversification this company can emulate where one can adjust the gun ones self if the action needs tightening up after god knows how many 100's of 1000's of cartridges are fed through it

*********** tests all guns and does reviews on them in sporting mags

But he owns and shoots CG's himself

I own the same CG Essex  special edition that he test fired and reviewed for a mag review

For some reason i am not allowed to mention names as it's been marked out  sorry M.Y

Edited by sabel25

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Self tighninig forend was used by Beretta on the prevail and perennia guns. Don't think they stayed with it on other guns.

Thanks for the link 

The spring biased forend tensioner was an idea they stole from Fabarm. I think the system has continued through the 69x series.

As for the Invictus III, I handled one at Anglo Italian when my CG was being serviced. In the flesh it is a beautiful piece of kit and it didn't set off my bling alarm either. For the standard guns the forend tension can be adjusted by changing a small insert, just like the DT10, but on the Invictus III they've fitted a little adjuster so the user can set it to suit.

I am somewhat dubious that it will sell many because the price premium over the Invictus I is almost £2000 and that seems a lot for fancier engraving, nicer wood and an adjustable forend tensioner.

2k is another gun and a very nice used one at that. I think your right they won't sell that many when a little more money gets you a grade 5 with its side plates.

The company replacement parts are a good idea but if I planned on keeping g the gun I'd buy a full set. You never know in future if you will still get them.

Whilst I'm a fan of  CG guns and what they've accomplished in becoming a significant gun manufacturer, I do think the Invictus concept of replaceable parts like the action floor etc is a bit of a gimmick. And likewise reversing the location of the hinging stubs really serves no other purpose than to make them easier for the user to replace.

IMO a properly maintained pre-Invictus CG won't wear out in the average person's lifetime and let's be honest, Anglo-Italian aren't going to sting you to tighten the forend or replace the hinge stubs. And in the highly unlikely event the action floor recoil shoulders become worn they can be fixed too.

I suspect that the financial honeymoon is over for CG because there have been signs over the last few years that they need to improve profitability. When you look at what you get for just over 2K with a Summit and compare it with something like a 692, you have to wonder how they ever made money.

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Or how much profit others are making, CG won't have selling them at a loss.

Totaly agree

Prices have risen and so have the cartridges  from Italy mainly due to the weak pound

Kofs are sellig new  guns under £500 and i'am sure they're not losing money on them

No longer can you buy a new Spanish gun   ( AYA  Arietta ) cheap as they hand biuld but have to pay the workers a fair wage

Manufacturers that invested in CNC can mass produce guns at very reasonable prices. Beratta use CNC so proves they are over pricing  and making vast profits from their past reputation but reading reviews their guns are'nt as good as their older models 

Hence the demise of English gun makers who sat back on their lorells of hand build, great guns but only for the elite who can afford them

I think CG boxed clever Quality at affordable prices  and have done well in their short life of 19 years and even buying out Fabarm

Edited by sabel25

11 hours ago, sabel25 said:

I think CG boxed clever Quality at affordable prices  and have done well in their short life of 19 years and even buying out Fabarm

Yep absolutely. At the start they picked a market sector where the only serious competition was the Gold E and a few Silver Pigeon V sporters. The Summit undercut them and the Maxum sat above. It's interesting though that the lower cost models like the Flyway didn't succeed whereas offering sideplated guns at sensible prices was a master stroke. But it does seem they always needed to add value, hence the Impact and Ascent versions and then the Invictus series.

Now of course there are more competitors in the sector that they originally targeted, including Browning and Blaser but unlike Beretta, they're not big enough or diverse enough to ride out a disaster like the 692, but judging by what I see out on the registered shoots the Invictus is doing pretty well. I hope they continue running rings around Beretta - although they don't really need to since Beretta seems pretty good at repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot.