Sign in to follow this  
nicknsd1978

Marehay Cricket Club Derbyshire

Does anyone know if the shoot behind Marehay Cricket Club in Derbyshire is still on? I think they had a shoot every other week

Do you mean the one at lumb farm? I've not been for years but I used to hear them shooting from my house, can't say I've noticed recently though. I'll have a drive by tomorrow and have a look. Wouldn't mind going myself.

Ok that’d be great...from what I understood they stopped shooting at Lumb farm and now they shoot on some land behind the cricket club (I think). Don’t know where I heard about it but new to the area so it’s only 10 mins from where I live. Would be good if they did though

That might explain why I haven't heard them. I'll pop by in the morning and have a look. If not, cocketts farm and Notts shooting ground isn't farm, or there is a little shoot at brassington. Where abouts are you?

Not too far to cocketts farm from there, or doveridge either. Welcome to the neighbourhood, even if you are the wrong side of the border!

I'm just up the road in Alfreton and Cockett Farm I find to be the closest. And theres a good pub just down the road after a shoot!

You get to go to the pub afterwards? I’m lucky just to get a pass to go shooting only let alone pub afterwards

I drop the missus there before the shoot and then join her after.  She gets on really well with the barman.....!

Which pub is that, white post? I used to like the plough a bit further down the road.

Yup you guessed right, Derbyshire, inbetween heanor and Ripley 

Is that the one before the plough? I've not been in there, next time I'm over that way I'll give it a try.

I didn't get to drive by the cricket club but speaking to a farmer friend of mine in the village and he tells me it stopped as the locals moaned about the noise!

I bet cocketts ain't much more from Eastwood, 25 mins something like that. 

I've heard rumours of a little shoot at Stanley but I don't know anything about it 

I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled. Just want to get the odd practice weekend in for the pigeon shooting (which I’m not getting around to doing) better when the light nights are here. Starting to shoot up at joe Neville’s once a month as a purpose to get out

11 hours ago, nicknsd1978 said:

Starting to shoot up at joe Neville’s once a month as a purpose to get out

Joe stops shooting after March shoot  - AVSC shoot is only 2 miles up the road,

33 minutes ago, nicknsd1978 said:

Joe stops shooting? Not altogether I hope, I’m wanting some more lessons

Open comps only from Oct to March - seems to be open for tuition most days all year.

Try cold springs shooting ground Pete is a brillant guy they do Saturday practise then Sunday comp nice clean ground good cafe & lots of pubs local 👍

1 hour ago, labstaff said:

Where's cold springs?

Manchester road , buxton sk17 9se 

Pete 07720 681 513

There is a shoot just down towards Aldercar Fisheries (just off the A610)

I've tried to find whoever organises it but with no luck.

I go the Maggie's Den for breakfast most Sundays with the little one and we see them shooting alternate Sundays but I just can't seem to get the attention of anyone there.

Might be worth a little digging to see who runs it.

There’s a little clay shoot once a month on the A608 at Smalley. Will post the next date if I see the farmer whose ground it’s on.