Royal Armouries museum Leeds

Mice!

Spent the day in Leeds today, lots of smoke on the drive over near the M62, which I'm guessing is from Illkey moor burning.

The main reason for us going was the Melee and the Jousting. Because of how popular this was you had to be queuing for a seat a good half hour before the start time, but boy was it great fun to watch. The showmanship and horse handling was brilliant to watch.

We rushed around different bits of the Museum, didn't do it justice so will have to go back again, certainly somewhere people should think about going for a look around if you have any interest in hunting, weapons, or warfare. Great displays you can get really close to.

The Hall of Steel with the clever use of the mirrors was very good, an ingenious use of space.

Great bank holiday 👍 

3 hours ago, washerboy said:

I must be the only person in the world who thought it was mind numbingly boring. 

Best thing was a bird of prey display 

maybe? How your not impressed by an elephant in full armour or the tiger hunting scene, never mind the amounts of armour from various times and places i don't know.

my kids and wife thought it was great, 120 mile trip and well worth it.

14 hours ago, B725 said:

I went a few year's ago and thought it was very good, Duxford air museum is a very good day out. 

Thanks, we might get down that way at some point 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

maybe? How your not impressed by an elephant in full armour or the tiger hunting scene, never mind the amounts of armour from various times and places i don't know.

my kids and wife thought it was great, 120 mile trip and well worth it.

Thanks, we might get down that way at some point 

You will not be disappointed there's a fair bit of walking as everything is in 5 or 6 hangers about the size of Texas. Its amazing how many plane's are in each one and there is one just on ground warfare. 

I used to go there at least once a week when I worked at Clarence dock. Great place, what you might not be aware of is that the national firearms centre is also there, it’s not open to the public, I have only been once, but they have a copy of nearly every modern firearm in existence and they’re not de-acts either!