PC layout information

pigeon controller

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

I'm sorry for being an Old ****, but on my IPad I have at the top of the qwerty key board I have possible words I'm trying to spell on my PC this does not appear I've tried going through the icons but am unable to get to appear. Please be gentle and educate this icon of the 1940's . 

PC, don`t worry about spell-check. Take a leaf out of Ditchy`s book and type it as it sounds :lol:

7 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

PC, don`t worry about spell-check. Take a leaf out of Ditchy`s book and type it as it sounds 

Thanks, if I did it would be like a script from" Peaky Blinders" 

1 minute ago, TR1 said:

Look in settings , keyboard , predictive  is it on or off?

Thanks , I will have a look. 

21 hours ago, hedge said:

I've never had predictive text on a PC or Laptop - only on tablets and phones.

What operating system do you have? (Win 8 etc)

When do you want the predictive text to come up? (i.e typing in this forum)

I'm currently happy with windows7, although my son wants me to go to 10 but thinks it will throw me.

i would like predictive text to come up when typing on this forum.

My son suggested that I write my initial topics in word , with spell check , then post on the forum. That seems a lot of faffing about to me.

Thanks for your reply.

15 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

I'm currently happy with windows7, although my son wants me to go to 10 but thinks it will throw me.

i would like predictive text to come up when typing on this forum.

My son suggested that I write my initial topics in word , with spell check , then post on the forum. That seems a lot of faffing about to me.

Thanks for your reply.

I've had a quick look and it seems that unless you use an `on screen` keyboard in Windows, you can't get predicitve text. So, if you are using a keyboard to type, you won't get predictive text.

The suggestion of writing your content in Word first is a very good idea. I use it quite a lot for posting adverts on jobs boards and also posting adverts on Gumtree. Takes no time at all to just copy and paste it across (highlight the text and either right click your mouse to copy and then paste or press ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste).

Give it a go - you might like it!

4 hours ago, hedge said:

I've had a quick look and it seems that unless you use an `on screen` keyboard in Windows, you can't get predicitve text. So, if you are using a keyboard to type, you won't get predictive text.

The suggestion of writing your content in Word first is a very good idea. I use it quite a lot for posting adverts on jobs boards and also posting adverts on Gumtree. Takes no time at all to just copy and paste it across (highlight the text and either right click your mouse to copy and then paste or press ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste).

Give it a go - you might like it!

Thanks , will give it a try  when I can shoot pigeons again. It will beat me typing on P W on my PC and having my phone on Google to check spelling???? I'm complete self taught Luddite. 

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

Thanks , will give it a try  when I can shoot pigeons again. It will beat me typing on P W on my PC and having my phone on Google to check spelling???? I'm complete self taught Luddite. 

No problem.

If you don't have the most up to date Word programme - you can get a free alternative here:

https://www.libreoffice.org/

I still have Win 7 on my desktop and Win 8 on 2 laptops. Trying to stay away from Win 10 as well.