Local Elections

Lloyd90

22 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Rather like one of the party's previous leaders, David Steel, who made a speech telling his people: "Go back to your constituencies, and prepare for government."

HHhhHhahhahhahahhah....................i remember that :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main parties got the spanking they richly deserved.  The arrogance of the gov't though with May making all sorts of excuses and instead of highlighting HER failure, she proceeds to gloat over Labours (far lesser) losses.  The woman's incorrigible! 

58 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

The main parties got the spanking they richly deserved.  The arrogance of the gov't though with May making all sorts of excuses and instead of highlighting HER failure, she proceeds to gloat over Labours (far lesser) losses.  The woman's incorrigible! 

Your right, the arrogance of them knows no bounds. 

They continue to twist the facts and deny that the people are fuming at them for ignoring the leave result of the referendum and that is the reason for their dier election results. 

1 hour ago, Savhmr said:

That's quite polite?

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

As many of us on here predicted early on, if the Cons fail to deliver brexit, they're finished as a party. 

I and nearly everyone I know will be voting for the brexit party at the EU and general election if possible to do so, even people I know who voted remain as they're revolted at the slap in the face the Cons have given democracy. 

All down to her disaster of a general election I think, threw away her majority and hasn't really managed very much since, these local election results should be a warning to the two main parties, but I'm sure they'll ignore them.

15 hours ago, Mice! said:

All down to her disaster of a general election I think, threw away her majority and hasn't really managed very much since, these local election results should be a warning to the two main parties, but I'm sure they'll ignore them.

They can't afford to and they know it.  The only silver lining is that their own parties will turn on their leadership (Labour really haven't anyone electable in the wings as they have effectively destroyed their party and what it stands for from within).

May has painted herself well and truly into a corner with no-where to go except to try and bluster her way through which I aree, she'll probably do to avoid losing face.  She can't afford to make a deal with Labour though to get consensus on her deal which effectively ties us to a customs union, because doing that will (as she's well aware) will destroy the Tory Party.  The conservative constituencies will not allow that to happen as they'll likely get behind a parliamentary vote against her.   However, she has to push for that agreement if she is to avoid any EU parliament elections to prevent the Brexit Party from taking a majority of the votes there. 

If she does that, her own party will likely turn on her for failing to deliver Brexit, blocking the UK voice in EU elections and failing to honour the Tory Party promises and tying us to a customs union which clearly was not what we voted for (remember that the UK govt's position prior to the Referendum was that leaving meant no customs union...that was clearly spelt out).

She's finished but unfortunately because her cabinet ministers and backbenchers didn't follow through on threats made in December voting on a motion of no confidence, she has the platform to do still further damage to the UK until this December due to the 12 month rule.  So, whilst she is stuffed, so are we unless the Tory Faithful permit a constitutional coup to happen and force a parliamentary vote on her position instead of a Tory vote in isolation.  

If she gets a bloody nose in EU elections, the same will happen in a general election.  Unlike previous years, EU parliamentary elections are a far better measure of public feeling on where the general election vote will be cast whilst local elections are more of a protest vote letting both main parties know that they're in trouble.

Perspective:  5 Million Labour voters voted to leave yet 83% of current labour MPs are remainers who won't support Brexit.  A majority of the Conservative vote also went to Leave, and an arch remainer has become PM and failed spectacularly to have us leave, or have us remain, alienating both sides, whilst bringing humiliation on the world stage to the UK electorate.  A worst Prime Minister, in living history, I cannot think of.  Bliar was self serving, a proven liar and hugely dismissive of the electorate, arrogant and untrustworthy, but his documented treachery is eclipsed by that of May.

7 hours ago, Savhmr said:

May has painted herself well and truly into a corner with no-where to go except to try and bluster her way through which I aree, she'll probably do to avoid losing face.  She can't afford to make a deal with Labour though to get consensus on her deal which effectively ties us to a customs union

realise this is more brexit but I'm sure i heard on the radio today about the Cons doing deals with Labour to get brexit through???

31 minutes ago, Mice! said:

realise this is more brexit but I'm sure i heard on the radio today about the Cons doing deals with Labour to get brexit through???

That is about to happen! May & The Little Tramp cannot afford Nigel & The Brexit Party to humiliate them in the EUros! They will do a dreadful deal, rather than face Farage in an election! But if they think that will put an end to the matter, they are very sadly mistaken!  A major change is coming to British politics, and the Establishment are getting very worried! 

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

That is about to happen! May & The Little Tramp cannot afford Nigel & The Brexit Party to humiliate them in the EUros! They will do a dreadful deal, rather than face Farage in an election! But if they think that will put an end to the matter, they are very sadly mistaken!  A major change is coming to British politics, and the Establishment are getting very worried! 

Nothing new, as usual, politicians putting themselves and their own agendas before that of the Country and its people. 

I can't see the Tory faithful allowing it to happen...they may be too late but if not, May knows full well that a deal with Labour spells thee bitter end of the Tory party. The only conclusion should that happen is that her own ambition succeeds that of Tory majority and of the electorate...isn't that at where we're already at?