Cartridge Prices

After some considerable hard work on the old social engineering front, and some luck, I was talking to a director of a shotshell company based here in the UK. Mentioning no names of course.

I have negotiated, in principle, a deal whereby I take a pallet (28,000 shells) as often as I like and the prices I have been spitballing about have been very VERY attractive.

Without going into detail, yes there is a cartel artificially inflating the prices, however there are companies out there who could care less and see a pallet sold as a pallet sold.

This whole "world lead price" **** is simply that. Yes world lead prices are rising, however the lead being used to make these shells was purchased ages ago, and isn't subject to these fake price increases. Take a look at Spain, Portugal and Italy, they are not being told the same old ****.

After some considerable hard work on the old social engineering front, and some luck, I was talking to a director of a shotshell company based here in the UK. Mentioning no names of course.

I have negotiated, in principle, a deal whereby I take a pallet (28,000 shells) as often as I like and the prices I have been spitballing about have been very VERY attractive.

Without going into detail, yes there is a cartel artificially inflating the prices, however there are companies out there who could care less and see a pallet sold as a pallet sold.

This whole "world lead price" **** is simply that. Yes world lead prices are rising, however the lead being used to make these shells was purchased ages ago, and isn't subject to these fake price increases. Take a look at Spain, Portugal and Italy, they are not being told the same old ****.

That is a good result Pin,

I to do the same with a group of us, buy a pallet of 28000 but was unable to buy these direct unless you are a trade customer. Tried all the suppliers but to no avail.

I was after Eley's, but I found them to be total idiots to deal with from a business point of view.

It's news like this that frustrates someone like me whos just coming into shooting shotgun. Bad enough financially being a Student without making my chosen fields of recreation even more expensive :lol:

My Dad used to manage an agricultural/Gas supplier in Shrewsbury, they stocked cartriges. A fair selection to; not just a few game loads unlike that useless Countrywide chain store. They mostly stocked Eley and in the mid 80's they were having to sell the average box of 25 for around £7!!!! just to make a small profit. Was there a shortage problem then?

Does anyone know what cart and ammo prices are like in Africa these days?

mr_colt.