SD

Farmboy91

So, as I usually do, stuck pigeon watch into the search bar, but instead of clicking straight on the Web page, I flicked down a few scrolls at which point a came across the stalking directory. 

Now I have briefly visited the forum before when searching for thing's, and I'm aware some of the members of PW are also SD members.

After reading two PW related threads pretty glad I'm not a member, alot of the things the forum was knocked for are the reasons what make this forum so great, no doubt this post will make its way along there at some point. Mods do a great job, keep it up! 

17 minutes ago, Rob525 said:

Like everything theres good and bad sides of things! Met some great people on there 👍

Yeah don't get me wrong, I don't doubt theres members just like we have on here who are top people but I've never seen the sort of threads on here which I read there. 

Edited by Farmboy91

Thank you for the kind words, it is appreciated.  

Different forums have different feels and their own ethos.  Some will suit more than others, but that is a strength more than anything else.

It's worth remembering that most of the threads on there slating PW or laying into people on here were started by people with axes to grind who ignored warnings or who reacted badly when they didnt get things their way and got banned from here, so they tend to be very selective with their versions of events.  We and most other forums nip that sort of thing in the bud quickly but the admins on there join in on the threads which seems a shame I think.  Other than that I've always thought there was some enjoyable content on there.

On which note, and irrespective of their approach we don't want SD itself or its members to be dogpiled or slated on here so please keep it as respectful as it has been so far.  👍

31 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Im on both, banter on PW is better. 

I tend to restrain myself on  SD lol.

I mainly joined SD & UKV for the classifieds section, I don't find their 'off topic' to be very active.

on a different note, how many UK shooting forums are there?