Sign in to follow this  
Wooder

Country wise Bewick swans

Just watched country wise ITV, they had piece on the Bewick swans. Girl on there said they have xrayed swans, she said most had gun shot wounds, and people use them for target practice. I nearly choked on my beer, giving us shooters bad press again.

Edited by Wooder
Erroe

13 minutes ago, Wooder said:

Just watched country wise ITV, they had piece on the Bewick swans. Girl on there said they have xrayed swans, she said most had gun shot wounds, and people use them for target practice. I nearly choked on my beer, giving us shooters bad press again.

And considering they are migratory I would strongly counter that any shooting would have been carried out in Russia.

The UK is a long way from Siberia, anyone could have had a pop at them on their journey, also because of their small size some hunters may mistake them for geese.

Did they point out where these birds are possibly being shot at, if not, UK shooters will get tarnished with same brush and perfect propergander material for WJ.

I've wondered  when we are told X% of duck that arrive at Game Dealers are shot with lead if the lead shot actually killed them or if they were pricked abroad first. I suppose an easy way to check would be if they also contained Steel/Bismuth etc.

17 hours ago, Wooder said:

Same old lies that the opposition always use, non traceable invective?  .... good enough to further their aims as the majority are unthinking anyway?

It’s reported they are piling into Slimbridge just now.......expect more accusations and attacks on UK shooters from the likes of Ms Payne!