Predictions?

Scully

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

It does, but one must wonder why it hasn't been sorted.  My wife, who is from Thailand, didn't vote (but obviously has British citizenship)  as she has no interest in our politics...(at least we're less corrupt than Thai politicians) so I said I'd use her card also☺️.  She said it's addressed to Mrs DD....so I replied that I would say that  I am now non gender specific...(or whatever bull carp they spout) and this is my name (Mrs DD).  Would I have gotten away this this, i wonder?  😲 I voted at approx 9.30 this morning. The only person in front of me was a muslim lady.  When I was in the booth, I overheard her asking the electoral officer if he had a pen, to which he replied ''there's a pencil in the booth!'.  Probably the first time that this lady had voted!   Do Muslim women usually tend to vote?  We went to Durham City at approx 11.30 and I noticed that a lot of Uni students were voting ( at the church in the main square, if you're familiar with Durham) and there were even queues forming!  I overheard, as I was walking, one female student asking the other if she had read 'his manifesto'.....(JC's?) ; so it would seem that at least some students take an interest in politics...probably just to see what freebies they might gain from them!

You could have given mrs dd's card to anyone and said vote....

Just now, Mice! said:

From Aldi, quite nice and goes down easy, off tomorrow but just two.

I hear good things about their whisky.  Mine's a Drumbeg 10yr  special reserve. It doesn't go down easy, but has a great after taste. 63.8% though, which is a risk if I want to stay awake...

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting to see some of the Labour party members trying to explain the few results already declared!

McDonnell's such a spanner. He's still only blaming Brexit, but a shed load of his own candidates are saying they hate Corbyn!

14 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

McDonnell's such a spanner. He's still only blaming Brexit, but a shed load of his own candidates are saying they hate Corbyn!

Did you see the interview earlier,  it was like people wanting brexit sorted was a surprise. 

And Murray someone's tweet, they canvassed 11000 doors and people were concerned with Corbyn!! Has to go if things follow the predictions,  he's the Tories greatest weapon.

17 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

hear good things about their whisky.  Mine's a Drumbeg 10yr  special reserve. It doesn't go down easy, but has a great after taste. 63.8% though, which is a risk if I want to stay awake...

Sounds very nice, but dangerous.  First Aldi whiskey,  nothing very special but nice enough, and not expensive. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Unbelievable,  last go, something with your name on it, house hold bill, bank/credit card, drivers license,  passport,  pay slip, gyro or whatever it is these days, library card, I could go on but feel I'm wasting my time. 

OK. Someone who is not working living in a house dominted by a partner may well not drive, have no bills, no bank account and no NI number. So what would they have to use? If you say any of the above are ok then how are they verified? Take a pay slip what is that? Will any old bit of paper do? What evidence would be required for a postal vote? What happens with the data provided, is it stored?

I am not saying it cannot be done but the right to vote is enshrined the right to prove who you are before you can vote is not. I would happily have us all carrying bio id cards but lots of opposition to that. 

Edited by oowee

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

OK. Someone who is not working living in a house dominted by a partner may well not drive, have no bills, no bank account and no NI number. So what would they have to use? If you say any of the above are ok then how are they verified? Take a pay slip what is that? Will any old bit of paper do? What evidence would be required for a postal vote? What happens with the data provided, is it stored?

I am not saying it cannot be done but the right to vote is enshrined the right to prove who you are before you can vote is not. I would happily have us all carrying bio id cards but lots of opposition to that. 

Go on then, why I'm up and still smiling. 

Firstly why is this "person" who is dominated even allowed out the house! 😉 Have they no birth certificate,  did their domineering partner take away their poll card, really your clutching at straws, if they have nothing with there name and address on, don't work, don't claim any benifits  and are bullied at home, then I doubt they give a hoot about voting .

Should add, yes we have been given the right to vote, by the sacrifices of earlier generations,  now this rite should be protected, there shouldn't be the possibility of someone turning up and saying,  Mr Smith London road, number 1

Edited by Mice!
Added last paragraph

Just now, Mice! said:

Go on then, why I'm up and still smiling. 

Firstly why is this "person" who is dominated even allowed out the house! 😉 Have they no birth certificate,  did their domineering partner take away their poll card, really your clutching at straws, if they have nothing with there name and address on, don't work, don't claim any benifits  and are bullied at home, then I doubt they give a hoot about voting .

But still entitled to do so. 

If they can use anything then its no more check than we have now. 

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But something is better than nothing. I was writing more but I won't. 

Is it? Don't get me wrong I am with the sentiment just thinking how you do it, that makes it worthwhile and meaningful, without adding disproportionately to the budget. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Is it? Don't get me wrong I am with the sentiment just thinking how you do it, that makes it worthwhile and meaningful, without adding disproportionately to the budget. 

Were getting there, there were three people when I went to vote, lady on my right asked for my street, then the number, and she said "Mice!" I didn't even give my name, she told me, she then said, you must be the last from street X as we've had loads, Gentleman in the middle wrote down the number that lady on the left gave him from the polling card I was given. 

Lady on the right simply asks, do you have something with your name please, nothing added to the budget at what so ever, if someone says err no, I have nothing chances are there is something fishy going on.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Were getting there, there were three people when I went to vote, lady on my right asked for my street, then the number, and she said "Mice!" I didn't even give my name, she told me, she then said, you must be the last from street X as we've had loads, Gentleman in the middle wrote down the number that lady on the left gave him from the polling card I was given. 

Lady on the right simply asks, do you have something with your name please, nothing added to the budget at what so ever, if someone says err no, I have nothing chances are there is something fishy going on.

And then what do they do? Or you hand over a letter with your addy on is that ok? Its a photocopy is that ok? Your name is not quite the same is that ok? Do you need to record what is presented? Is it for the officials to decide its fishy? If you have a document in your hand is that you? It goes on and on. 

I don't want some **** in a polling booth deciding if i can vote.

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

And then what do they do? Or you hand over a letter with your addy on is that ok? Its a photocopy is that ok? Your name is not quite the same is that ok? Do you need to record what is presented? Is it for the officials to decide its fishy? If you have a document in your hand is that you? It goes on and on. 

I don't want some **** in a polling booth deciding if i can vote.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

At the next election in 5 years time, they run an add, you must present your polling card, house hold bill, credit/debit card, drivers license passport or something else they decide is official enough, with your name on it, if you bring nothing that looks real, not some fake ID you laminated yourself then its fishy and you don't get to vote.

This way the democratic rite to vote is protected from abuse.

I'm still resisting typing what I want to, I'm wanting to reference you to the Shadow chancellor. 

Oops. 

credit where credit's due, Alistair Campbell's just taken the momentum founder apart on the BBC. He's hammered him on everything from Brexit to the leadership and the chap just mumbled and ummed and erred. He lambasted them for losing the centre ground and for handing the Tories so many working class, traditional labour seats

14 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

credit where credit's due, Alistair Campbell's just taken the momentum founder apart on the BBC. He's hammered him on everything from Brexit to the leadership and the chap just mumbled and ummed and erred. He lambasted them for losing the centre ground and for handing the Tories so many working class, traditional labour seats

Great TV, thought I was the only one up🤗

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Great TV, thought I was the only one up🤗

When you listen to Campbell, you start to see how brilliant he must have been as Blair's spin king and strategist. He knows how to win and, perhaps as importantly, he knows how to beat people. We don't have to like him, or what he stands for, but my word was he good at his job!

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

When you listen to Campbell, you start to see how brilliant he must have been as Blair's spin king and strategist. He knows how to win and, perhaps as importantly, he knows how to beat people. We don't have to like him, or what he stands for, but my word was he good at his job!

Absolutely,  don't apologise for winning. 

Burnley have gone blue!!

I'm beginning to wonder where my areas are, a watched pot.....

Yes boiling water,  south ribble stay blue💪💪💪

Can't turn it off, Corbyn won't lead the party at next election,  shock horror. Watch the flying brick grinning behind him🤣🤣

Tony Blair's former seat has gone to the Tories. 

Murder on the dance floor baby.

Bolton has gone blue, Barrow , Don Valley (first time ever)

Unfortunately SNP seem to be doing well, can't have it all.