Yet another rant....

WestonSalop

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They wont like Scafell then, or many other mountains...

Image may contain: fireworks, outdoor and text

My son just mentioned this as we finished packing for our trip to Snowdonia, leaving in a few minutes. Referring to Yr Wyddfa as Mount Snowdon is bang in line with the ignorance of the people the article is referring to.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

My son just mentioned this as we finished packing for our trip to Snowdonia, leaving in a few minutes. Referring to Yr Wyddfa as Mount Snowdon is bang in line with the ignorance of the people the article is referring to.

The best bit , is  that it HAS got a cafe, 2 in fact if you count the half way house on the Llanberis path, the only mountain in the country that I know of that does 😂

As far as calling it Snowdon or Yr Wyddfa goes , call it by its Welsh name in conversation and no one will know what youre talking about !

It's not that long ago ( couple of years?) that NP officials were suggesting public access was restricted to avoid erosion. It's just someone trying to make the news in my opinion; how on earth do you make a national park more attractive to ethnic minorities? It's history is purely white christian. 

Edited by Scully