FAC Rated

pavman

uuum lots to thimk of!

just spoke with a very nice gunshop man, would not touch Theoben if we paid him, says he used to be a main dealer the guns are still fab but the service to customers is rank IHHO, says things changed a few years back now they can only order bits once a year on jan 1st (whats that all about) so if the dealer has not held parts in stock you could be in trouble

all said I am starting to lean towards the S410 Xtra any one have one plz post your thoughts (but if a nice something else comes up at the right price I may be tempted)

Starlight32 you do not need to reply to above, I am not made of cash like you seem to think :blush:

Hi Pavman,

I have this one for sale - any questions just ask

(I'm not known for shooting from the hip and if you ask me about a 410 I'll tell you it's a diddy shotgun :rolleyes: )

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=38165

pics will follow - looks like the post fell victim to the recent upgrade

Cheers

AndyCM

uuum lots to thimk of!

just spoke with a very nice gunshop man, would not touch Theoben if we paid him, says he used to be a main dealer the guns are still fab but the service to customers is rank IHHO, says things changed a few years back now they can only order bits once a year on jan 1st (whats that all about) so if the dealer has not held parts in stock you could be in trouble

all said I am starting to lean towards the S410 Xtra any one have one plz post your thoughts (but if a nice something else comes up at the right price I may be tempted)

Starlight32 you do not need to reply to above, I am not made of cash like you seem to think :rolleyes:

Its not me, its just when you roll into town in that new motor everyone keeps saying Hey look- It's Posh & Becks.

oi oi theobens are great B) you prob just got a dud :lol:

im very impressed with my air ranger, i think daystate can set them up to about 50ft in .22

i got mine secondhand from small ad's for £800 good deal i think :mad:

You can actually get the Ranger set at 80ft/lbs by Daystate :rolleyes: :( (I think that would be way too much though. 30-40ft/lbs would be more than enough and atleast you can keep a decent shot capacity) I would love an FAC Ranger. I love my Ranger at 12ft/lbs

Pav Im in the same boat as you mate.

I am looking for a FAC rated air gun. For me there is no Question about spring / Gas Ram or pre charged. It has got to be pre charged without a doubt. :lol:

I have had a AAS410k for about 5yrs and I can honestly say its the best airgun I have ever owned. I love it. Its light weight /short / simple to use and deadly accurate. I have shot 100s of rabbits and other virmin with it. :lol:

I narrowed it down to the AAS410 Xtra or the Dystate Air Ranger. And I think it is going to have to be a Air Ranger for me. just because the AAS410 Xtra is to long and there is not enough shots per fill. the only down side to the air ranger is the price.

As for the Rapid 7 well to be honest I have never liked the look of the Rapid and after using a MK2 rapid 7 I made my mind up it was noisy ugly (IMO) and the mags were aukward to load. but so mant people swear by then that you just can not say that they are a bad gun. its just down to my personal taste preferance, Tin Hat on. Sorry Rapid lovers :o

Thanks

Kipper :P

As for the Rapid 7 well to be honest I have never liked the look of the Rapid and after using a MK2 rapid 7 I made my mind up it was noisy ugly (IMO) and the mags were aukward to load. but so mant people swear by then that you just can not say that they are a bad gun. its just down to my personal taste preferance, Tin Hat on. Sorry Rapid lovers :lol:

Your entitled to your opinion mate, Stink£r had a rapid and couldnt get on with it and I know another guy who has one running at FAC levels and he hardly ever uses it, choosing to use his S200 and S400 instead most of the time.

I cant really comment on the 410 Extra as i've never actually held one but the daystates are lovelly rifles - even if you have to sell a kidney to afford one :lol:

I am looking for a FAC rated air gun. For me there is no Question about spring / Gas Ram or pre charged. It has got to be pre charged without a doubt. :lol:

I have had a AAS410k for about 5yrs and I can honestly say its the best airgun I have ever owned. I love it. Its light weight /short / simple to use and deadly accurate. I have shot 100s of rabbits and other virmin with it. :lol:

I narrowed it down to the AAS410 Xtra or the Dystate Air Ranger. And I think it is going to have to be a Air Ranger for me. just because the AAS410 Xtra is to long and there is not enough shots per fill. the only down side to the air ranger is the price.

As for the Rapid 7 well to be honest I have never liked the look of the Rapid and after using a MK2 rapid 7 I made my mind up it was noisy ugly (IMO) and the mags were aukward to load. but so mant people swear by then that you just can not say that they are a bad gun. its just down to my personal taste preferance, Tin Hat on. Sorry Rapid lovers :o

Thanks

Kipper :lol:

Kip the daystate looks a nice piece of kit for sure

As I cant afford to get it wrong I am off to try some out when back from hols in 2 weeks, comfort of fit is important if I am going to be laying under scrim for 2 hrs at a time! lucky for me BTAS are not too far away about 2 hours, and i think you really need to look at all the options and test fire some models prior to making a choice.

I must admit i prefer the rifle to look like a rifle AAS410 looks the best to my eye, the Rapids with the buddy tank look real naff but do the biz, and as you say Day state are the top end with the electronic trigger mech,

ho hum what to do :P

Thanks

Kip the daystate looks a nice piece of kit for sure

As I cant afford to get it wrong I am off to try some out when back from hols in 2 weeks, comfort of fit is important if I am going to be laying under scrim for 2 hrs at a time! lucky for me BTAS are not too far away about 2 hours, and i think you really need to look at all the options and test fire some models prior to making a choice.

I must admit i prefer the rifle to look like a rifle AAS410 looks the best to my eye, the Rapids with the buddy tank look real naff but do the biz, and as you say Day state are the top end with the electronic trigger mech,

ho hum what to do :P

I have the answer Pav,

Buy both of them

Let's see

Is the primery function of this rifle for hunting purpose's

Incidently I prefer FAC air to the mighty .22lr with my reason's based on experience .From experience again I can comment on both the S410 XTRA FAC and the Theoben Rapid MK II as I use both and both are VERY good tools for pest control .Both are set @ 35 ft lb :lol: 80 FT LB,s is none other than a sales pitch and not necessary and a waste of Air IMO

The AA 's has a built in shrouded barrel for silence so no need for a additional silencer .It's easy to attach a sling and Bi- Pod and will give you around 35-50 shots per charge depending on pellet weight .After sales service is superb and extra parts or a replacement mag won't break the bank .My only negative is the balance of this Rifle is bloody awful so most shots are taken with the aid of a Bi-Pod.

The Rapid series now do add on's whereby you can attach bi- pods and slings (Incidently I made my own clamp for the Buddy bottle ) to enable this but Theoben know how to charge for these extra's and they don't really suit the rifle when attached and I don't know how practicle they are .Unless it's improved their customer service bordered on being quite ignorant and rude .Alot more shot's per charge .However I can't fault the balance of this rifle as I can take standing shots which I would'nt dream of when using the AA 's .I always think with the rapid series that the floating barrel is somewhat exposed and prone the damage from knocks whereas the AA's as a second fixing making it more secure IMO .

Just my 2 p's worth and both come highly reccommended

Have you made your mind up yet PAV B)

Im 90% settled on the Air Ranger, The next problem is decideing what set up to go for. Do I keep the ftlb down to 23ftlb and keep the regulator = slightly more accurate and more shots to fill / the gun is also more expensive with the regulator. or do I go over the 23ftlb mark and go 30 - 40 ftlb no reg less shots per fill and cheaper?. shrouded or screw cut barrel ?

To many :lol:??? Doing my head in. I cant seem to get a definate price for a set up eather. :lol:

Pav, if your going to pop over to BTAS and right handed - do not leave or buy anything until you have tried a 26ftlb FX Cyclone - which is also an 18ftlb one and a 12ftlb one at a flick of a lever. It's more money than you'd like to spend but it'll be a never ending source of pleasure for you.

I get 40 + full power shots and am deeply impressed with the absolute predictability this regulated rifle has. Everything about it is just right. Prior to that I had a 12ftlb S410. I saw your similar thread on the BBS - look up my review by "some bloke" on there, and the replies to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Pav, if your going to pop over to BTAS and right handed - do not leave or buy anything until you have tried a 26ftlb FX Cyclone - which is also an 18ftlb one and a 12ftlb one at a flick of a lever. It's more money than you'd like to spend but it'll be a never ending source of pleasure for you.

I get 40 + full power shots and am deeply impressed with the absolute predictability this regulated rifle has. Everything about it is just right. Prior to that I had a 12ftlb S410. I saw your similar thread on the BBS - look up my review by "some bloke" on there, and the replies to it.

its getting the right rifle I really need to look at them side by side, I must admit I prefer a rifle to look like a rifle and the cyclone looks a nice bit of kit, I keep hoping for a PM with a nice set up on offer but so far no luck with an already FAC rated unit,