Strip and scrub

Farmboy91

That's part of the reason I'm looking into starting home loading, atleast that way I'll be in a better position to hopefully carry on using one of the less usual calibre's. 

I think if your paying up to the £100 mark, you can't really go wrong, that SB pump was only £65 with Holt's fee's and works a treat. It would benefit from the wood work being refinished but its sound inside.

Lucky you, I wish I'd strung mine out a bit now.

3 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

There's always room for a sbs in any cabinet-I always found them to have more character than mass produced ou's-nonsensical I know/

I have three-An AYA 25 inch from the 1960's with the slightly raised rib-bought as part of 4 guns when an old local boy was packing up-had it measured and its very slightly out of proof-so I cant sell it and its far too good to surrender it.So I'll be keeping and probably shoot a box of shells through when the fancy takes me.

Second one is a  black powder hammer gun with a rotary underlever action. Few pits in the barrels but what a thing to hold-dates from about 1890-locks up tight and again, will be lucky if has 10 cartridges per year through it.

Lastly, I purchased a Arrieta round action 20 bore with a small inheritance from my Father-bit of a sentimental nod to the old man. 30 inch barrels chocked 1/4 and 3/4. A pleasure to shoot I find the barrels get too hot on driven game-better suited to a smaller slower paced shoot.

f. 

Round action guns really have grown on me In the last year or so. Have you got any pics?

1 minute ago, Farmboy91 said:

That's part of the reason I'm looking into starting home loading, atleast that way I'll be in a better position to hopefully carry on using one of the less usual calibre's. 

I think if your paying up to the £100 mark, you can't really go wrong, that SB pump was only £65 with Holt's fee's and works a treat. It would benefit from the wood work being refinished but its sound inside.

I saw a squires about 6 month ago in a shop in llechryd, think he wanted £100. Wish I bought it. Got a single hammer instead. Sold that at a profit 😅

Want a fac airgun next, every time I use my mates I just think why has it taken me so long. 

16 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I saw a squires about 6 month ago in a shop in llechryd, think he wanted £100. Wish I bought it. Got a single hammer instead. Sold that at a profit 😅

Want a fac airgun next, every time I use my mates I just think why has it taken me so long. 

Yeah you can go wrong at that price. The only guns I've ever sold at a loss are the ones I've paid the most for lol. 

Fac air has never really appealed to me but going by what I've seen on here I clearly has its place.

3 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Round action guns really have grown on me In the last year or so. Have you got any pics?

Same as this one but has better darker wood.

Its the crown model and very similar to the AYA no.2 guns-Its used value had increased til recently but now it will have bottomed.

f.

arr.png

I get my shotgun out every day and practice my mount and tracking with both eyes open, which is good for the clays If I ever get on them again . Twenty from the right twenty from the left, gun is a lot heavier when you Finnish than it was when you started. Everything else is buffed  polished and organised to the limit. 

I have a ton of work to do, 5 or 6 stocks and forends to strip and refurb. Blueing, painting general metal refinishing. I need to take another look at my box fed pump magazine system (built by me) to improve and simplify after a year or two of competing with it. Also I have got 3 guitar build projects underway. 

Still working full time at present, have just been informed we will be working to support NHS transportation shortly. Projects will probably stay in the queue!