Update from BASC / DEFRA

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

Not telling anybody anything, just pointing out miss information from your part its potentially misleading.

A quick question for you.  Can you guarantee no one will get into trouble if they think they have done all they need to do. ? YES OR NO WILL SUFFICE>

Really? STAY AT HOME isn’t telling people what to do? 
Here’s a quick question for you... can you guarantee anyone meeting all criteria WILL get into trouble? 
Yes or no will suffice. 
It’s not as simple as you would like it to be is it? 
I apply the same common sense and logic to this that I do whilst I’m working, I have to. 👍

1 minute ago, grahamch said:

That sounds just a wee bit racist??

😂

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Really? STAY AT HOME isn’t telling people what to do? 
Here’s a quick question for you... can you guarantee anyone meeting all criteria WILL get into trouble? 
Yes or no will suffice. 
It’s not as simple as you would like it to be is it? 
I apply the same common sense and logic to this that I do whilst I’m working, I have to. 👍

😂

So your critisising me for quoting STAY HOME PROTECT THE NHS AND SAVE LIVES> IS THAT IT? IF SO Guilty as charged.

But in that case.

You are virulently advocating ignoring the government when they have repeatedly told us to do just what i quoted above. is this some personal shooters right your exercising here or just refusal to obey the government. Which. ?

17 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

So your critisising me for quoting STAY HOME PROTECT THE NHS AND SAVE LIVES> IS THAT IT? IF SO Guilty as charged.

But in that case.

You are virulently advocating ignoring the government when they have repeatedly told us to do just what i quoted above. is this some personal shooters right your exercising here or just refusal to obey the government. Which. ?

Oh, it’s a quote now is it? That’s convenient! 
You may need to get a grip ; you appear to be getting a little hysterical. 
I’m not advocating anything, virulently or otherwise, nor am I telling people to stay in or go out, nor exercising any ‘rights’, simply stating that common sense has to play a part in all this. 

If you can satisfy criteria then it’s up to the individual, as has already been stated by our shooting organisations and ‘some’ police authorities. 
Wouldn’t it be so much easier if it weren’t open to interpretation? 🙂

The thing is, it HAS to remain open to interpretation because the government knows that one rule doesn’t fit all. It’s a compromise. It has to be. 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

Oh, it’s a quote now is it? That’s convenient! 
You may need to get a grip ; you appear to be getting a little hysterical. 
I’m not advocating anything, virulently or otherwise, nor am I telling people to stay in or go out, nor exercising any ‘rights’, simply stating that common sense has to play a part in all this. 

If you can satisfy criteria then it’s up to the individual, as has already been stated by our shooting organisations and ‘some’ police authorities. 
Wouldn’t it be so much easier if it weren’t open to interpretation? 🙂

The thing is, it HAS to remain open to interpretation because the government knows that one rule doesn’t fit all. It’s a compromise. It has to be. 

So it was me Penned the"  STAY HOME PROTECT THE NHS SAVE LIVES"  . Was it. ? Get with the plan please. . 

24 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

So it was me Penned the"  STAY HOME PROTECT THE NHS SAVE LIVES"  . Was it. ? Get with the plan please. . 

Lets just test the reality of doing the opposite of the one size fits all rhetoric shall we?

Does 'go shooting' endanger the NHS and take lives?

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Lets just test the reality of doing the opposite of the one size fits all rhetoric shall we?

Does 'go shooting' endanger the NHS and take lives?

We do not get that option, its on no government literature.

But you seem very keen to venture out. so same question to you. "

You are virulently advocating ignoring the government when they have repeatedly told us to do just what i quoted above. is this some personal shooters right your exercising here or just refusal to obey the government. Which. ? "

44 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Ah, now you’re just being ridiculous, and clutching at straws somewhat I would say; we both know very well it wasn’t you don’t we!

If you care to have a look back through your posts I think you’ll find its something you’ve happily told people it is something they must do, almost as many times as I’ve said each to their own. 

I think ‘the plan’ is working as well as it can be expected to. 

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

Now the dust is beginning to settle, how did the ones do who are determined to go out and save the farmers crop from destruction, because after all this was what this thread was all about , as we are well aware you must only go if you had a request from the farmer who was concerned about losing all or a part of his crop .

Up to now there were only a small section of members who were willing to answer the farmers request in his hour of need .

So how did they do after getting the go ahead , I am sure there are a few more members but the three spring to mind are , clangerman , Nature Boy and Motty .

clangerman reported yesterday after getting to his Pea field that the farmer was worried about , he found next to nothing on it , hung about for around three hours and then came back home without firing a shot .

Farm Boy 91 was waiting for a build up of Pigeons and Rooks on a drilled Sugar beet field , as he have already seen there will be very little activity from Pigeons and until the beet come above ground he wont find the Rooks during to much harm , in fact some farmers are happy to leave the Rooks alone as they eat the Leather Jackets , so not that urgent .

Motty had reported getting a healthy bag of Pigeons off his drilled field and normally he like to tell members when he and his friends had shot a big bag, but as we haven't had a report since the end of last summer we can all but guess , unless I have missed it which if I had I apologise , so have they done something that the farmer could not had done with bird scares and the odd gas gun . ? 

A fortnight ago I shot a bag of 131 on drilled wheat. I didn't get a request from the farmer, but I asked where the pigeons were and he told me. On that day, he was preparing another field to be drilled. I shot that last Saturday. I picked 128.

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ah, now you’re just being ridiculous, and clutching at straws somewhat I would say; we both know very well it wasn’t you don’t we!

If you care to have a look back through your posts I think you’ll find its something you’ve happily told people it is something they must do, almost as many times as I’ve said each to their own. 

I think ‘the plan’ is working as well as it can be expected to. 

Dont talk to me about rediculous you wrote the book show me here where he wants us out protecting crops in case they hit drilling.

Here is the Prime Minister's letter in full:

I am writing to you to update you on the steps we are taking to combat coronavirus.

In just a few short weeks, everyday life in this country has changed dramatically. We all feel the profound impact of coronavirus not just on ourselves, but on our loved ones and our communities.

I understand completely the difficulties this disruption has caused to your lives, businesses and jobs. But the action we have taken is absolutely necessary, for one very simple reason.

If too many people become seriously unwell at one time, the NHS will be unable to cope. This will cost lives. We must slow the spread of the disease, and reduce the number of people needing hospital treatment in order to save as many lives as possible.

That is why we are giving one simple instruction — you must stay at home.

You should not meet friends or relatives who do not live in your home. You may only leave your home for very limited purposes, such as buying food and medicine, exercising once a day and seeking medical attention. You can travel to and from work but should work from home if you can.

When you do have to leave your home, you should ensure, wherever possible, that you are two metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

These rules must be observed. So, if people break the rules, the police will issue fines and disperse gatherings.

I know many of you will be deeply worried about the financial impact on you and your family. The Government will do whatever it takes to help you make ends meet and put food on the table.

The enclosed leaflet sets out more detail about the support available and the rules you need to follow. You can also find the latest advice at gov.uk/coronavirus.

From the start, we have sought to put in the right measures at the right time. We will not hesitate to go further if that is what the scientific and medical advice tells us we must do.

It's important for me to level with you — we know things will get worse before they get better. But we are making the right preparations, and the more we all follow the rules, the fewer lives will be lost and the sooner life can return to normal.

I want to thank everyone who is working flat out to beat the virus, in particular the staff in our fantastic NHS and care sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It has been truly inspirational to see our doctors, nurses and other carers rise magnificently to the needs of the hour.

Thousands of retired doctors and nurses are returning to the NHS — and hundreds of thousands of citizens are volunteering to help the most vulnerable. It is with that great British spirit that we will beat coronavirus and we will beat it together.

That is why, at this moment of national emergency, I urge you, please, to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.

6 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Not the point. I am not a park sitter and sun bather. but i am a shooter. I am interested to see whats getting hit right here and now > I could have missed something over the years on this at this time of the year. and We could be seeing serrious damage being done. so lets see it.

I am not against people who flat out are up against it, with foxes mauling lambs and Pigeons decimating crops.

What i dont want to see is just the lads out for a go on the pigeons and getting 4.  So lets be seeing this it clearly is happening but on what crops and where.

I want to get out on foxes, itching to get a go, but not seeing any reason too at all in the areas i shoot . So wont be going.

Some lads have been out lets be seeing it, it could do shooting a lot of good.

Or i supose harm if they got it wrong.

Lets see it then.

No i am not, it seems its fine to draw any conclusion you want when you post. But get a real challenge and your saying i am getting carried away .

Put up or shut up.

Either we got serious damage , we can do no more than protect gas guns etc zero effect. Or is it lads out playing . Lets see it. No offence here just lets be having some real facts.

What are you talking about? What had bag size got to do with anything? A field could be covered in pigeons, and the resultant bag could be unsatisfactory. So what?

5 hours ago, lancer425 said:

We are not making the decisions here, Essential is a key word we need to make sure we are there doing what we must do. Not going because we can fudge the rukles get a covering letter and call it good to go.

Its not us we got to convince its a Police officer who might just not be as sympathetic to our line of thinking. But again if you got it covered no need to sweat. I do not think i can justify any action, so i act appropriately. every one of us must act the same way.

Define essential. 

6 minutes ago, motty said:

What are you talking about? What had bag size got to do with anything? A field could be covered in pigeons, and the resultant bag could be unsatisfactory. So what?

Not nessasarily. But Clear evidence to prove you had to be there at all costs. ON What CROP? When? WE are talking right now?

Whats getting hit right now?

And Who or why did you decide you absolutely had to be there. WHY?

Edited by lancer425

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Not nessasarily. But Clear evidence to prove you had to be there at all costs. ON What CROP? When? WE are talking right now?

mate i am going out whatever you say the farmer and the police set the rules they are the ONLY ones we have to satisfy if you don’t want to go fine stay in but some of us are going and will continue to do so 

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Dont talk to me about rediculous you wrote the book show me here where he wants us out protecting crops in case they hit drilling.

I am writing to you to update you on the steps we are taking to combat coronavirus.

In just a few short weeks, everyday life in this country has changed dramatically. We all feel the profound impact of coronavirus not just on ourselves, but on our loved ones and our communities.

I understand completely the difficulties this disruption has caused to your lives, businesses and jobs. But the action we have taken is absolutely necessary, for one very simple reason.

If too many people become seriously unwell at one time, the NHS will be unable to cope. This will cost lives. We must slow the spread of the disease, and reduce the number of people needing hospital treatment in order to save as many lives as possible.

You should not meet friends or relatives who do not live in your home. You may only leave your home for very limited purposes, such as buying food and medicine, exercising once a day and seeking medical attention. You can travel to and from work but should work from home if you can.

When you do have to leave your home, you should ensure, wherever possible, that you are two metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

These rules must be observed. So, if people break the rules, the police will issue fines and disperse gatherings.

I know many of you will be deeply worried about the financial impact on you and your family. The Government will do whatever it takes to help you make ends meet and put food on the table.

The enclosed leaflet sets out more detail about the support available and the rules you need to follow. You can also find the latest advice at gov.uk/coronavirus.

From the start, we have sought to put in the right measures at the right time. We will not hesitate to go further if that is what the scientific and medical advice tells us we must do.

It's important for me to level with you — we know things will get worse before they get better. But we are making the right preparations, and the more we all follow the rules, the fewer lives will be lost and the sooner life can return to normal.

I want to thank everyone who is working flat out to beat the virus, in particular the staff in our fantastic NHS and care sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It has been truly inspirational to see our doctors, nurses and other carers rise magnificently to the needs of the hour.

Thousands of retired doctors and nurses are returning to the NHS — and hundreds of thousands of citizens are volunteering to help the most vulnerable. It is with that great British spirit that we will beat coronavirus and we will beat it together.

That is why, at this moment of national emergency, I urge you, please, to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.

Oh give it a rest please! I’ve seen the news!  I have two children I want to see grow older and one day I’d like to be a grandparent. I’m abiding by everything we are required to do and putting no one at risk whatsoever, by applying common sense and logic as I adapt to get on with my life in the current situation. There are many others doing exactly the same, even if they’re not complying strictly ( the once a day/ one hour exercise regime being a prime example ) to current advice but risking absolutely nothing in the process. 
It’s maybe time to climb down from your high horse and get on with your own life too, as you see best, and let others get on with theirs by the same token. 👍

Just now, clangerman said:

mate i am going out whatever you say the farmer and the police set the rules they are the ONLY ones we have to satisfy if you don’t want to go fine stay in but some of us are going and will continue to do so 

In these times this letter holds no credence with you then.

You think it was just an oversight on the PMs part not mentioning your personal needs specifically and thus you will decide to ignore the important message which is clearly stay at home etc.

Its a desperate plea and in unprecedented times. Its not about us deciding whats safe he is telling us but we need to ignore that right. just to stop pigeons on a field. Its worth risking lives for ignoring the government for. Thats dedication there . I will give you that. .

He wants us to stay home he said so.

15 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I’m not really sure there is any need to ‘prove you had to be there at all costs’. See what I mean about getting carried away with emotive rhetoric? 

4 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

In these times this letter holds no credence with you then.

You think it was just an oversight on the PMs part not mentioning your personal needs specifically and thus you will decide to ignore the important message which is clearly stay at home etc.

Its a desperate plea and in unprecedented times. Its not about us deciding whats safe he is telling us but we need to ignore that right. just to stop pigeons on a field. Its worth risking lives for ignoring the government for. Thats dedication there . I will give you that. .

He wants us to stay home he said so.

people have and are dying because the government FAILED to shut our borders on day one so i have no use for their advice whatsoever 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not really sure there is any need to ‘prove you had to be there at all costs’. See what I mean about getting carried away with emotive rhetoric? 

What exactly is retorical in that text. ?

Meanwhile you are  so vehemently defending a shooters right to go out during lock down and using common sense which your  clique are so quick to praise you for , what about the good sense of doing as the Government have repeatedly stated?

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

people have and are dying because the government FAILED to shut our borders on day one so i have no use for their advice whatsoever 

Bad news i am afraid that’s not going to cut much ice with anyone.

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Meanwhile you are  so vehemently defending a shooters right to go out during lock down and using common sense which your  clique are so quick to praise you for , what about the good sense of doing as the Government have repeatedly stated?

i’m so glad YOU know what everyone is thinking anyone care to comment on our friend here making your mind up for you?

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i’m so glad YOU know what everyone is thinking anyone care to comment on our friend here making your mind up for you?

Not my words. just an add on tv 30 seconds ago Stay home unless for food health or work and that is only if your unable to work from home.  Apart from paid gamekeepers we are all on a sticky wicket from the start. and Even the law decides to accept non professional shooters as workers, we still have the essential protection to get past the law.  The government want us to stay home they said. !

25 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Really ,then you are part of the problem

14 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Rhetorical as in attempting to persuade others by use of emotional language...’ at all costs’. 
Shooters don’t have any ‘rights’ that I’m aware of; I’m merely stating that as adults, ( regardless of whether we are shooters or not ) we have to apply common sense to the choices we make within the boundaries we are set. 
I am satisfied that I am doing as the government have asked, maybe not to the letter admittedly, but in doing so am putting no one at risk. That’s all I need to know. 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

as i am part of the problem nice as it was my daughter was pictured with our mayor this week as a hidden hero her standing a post is courtesy of ME so you obviously want me to put a stop to that do you 

You seem keen to put words in my mouth to move away from the point. If you have no intention of following the guidelines as you stated then you are part of the problem. I have no opinion on your daughters hidden hero status or how you think it somehow adds weight to your declaration not to follow the guidelines.
If I’m following your reasoning you seem to blame the government for unnecessary deaths for not closing the borders earlier and are using this as a justification for not following guidelines aimed at limiting the death toll. Bizarre