It's a BOY!

NatureBoy

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I particularly found 'nasty' the implication that

• Johnson hadn't really been ill at all or had caught the virus 'on purpose' to get sympathy (quote "you (i) catch the virus, thereby enabling you garner public concern / sympathy, make a heroic recovery and absolve yourself of any 

As they are my words you have quoted, i can assure you there was no intent of nastiness, nor suggestion of catching it 'on purpose' (though he would probably concede that walking round a covid ward shaking hands was not the best of ideas).

There is nothing 'nasty' about this thread, indifference and cynicism perhaps, and neither of those preclude those 'guilty' of that from hoping a mother and her new born baby are in good health.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree I have struggled to see the nastiness referred to, people have different views but to me they seem to have been simply expressed.

10 minutes ago, treetree said:

There is nothing 'nasty' about this thread, indifference and cynicism perhaps, and neither of those preclude those 'guilty' of that from hoping a mother and her new born baby are in good health.

3 minutes ago, treetree said:

hoping a mother and her new born baby are in good health.

I entirely agree

5 minutes ago, treetree said:

though he would probably concede that walking round a covid ward shaking hands was not the best of ideas

Agreed, though I guess that may not have been where he got it as several in the cabinet /No 10 /House of Commons went down at around the same time, Nadine Dorres, Matt Hancock, Chris Whitty, Dominic Cummings, and probably various 'officials' not reported.

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

agree I have struggled to see the nastiness referred to

Perhaps I have used the wrong word, in which case I apologise, but it seemed to me that the comments to which I referred were at the least very unfair and incorrect. 

Perhaps there is some regional difference as to why people seem offended by the indifference. When visiting her first grandchild, my son, in the maternity ward my mother-in-law’s only words of the day old baby were “Well he does look rather like a skinned rabbit, but no doubt you will grow attached to it”. I took it on the chin with a broad smile. In the north life is a little tougher I guess, we aren’t as soft and sensitive or seemingly gushing over babies. 🤣