hmrc furlong

sharpeshooter60

ive just filled in  the form  to claim for HMRC furlong on there web site?they text me a code number what you have to put on the claims form?after that they tell you what you get[money]then my mate said did you get the date/time slot well I didn't get one of them or has it changed in the last few days,as anybody had this as ive gave my bank details to them or someone

24 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

hi mate,dont know what you mean if ive already claimed,do you mean my yearly tax refund

I was just going by your initial post; didn’t you say you’ve just claimed on the HMRC website? 
You can’t claim unless your slot is open, and if you’ve just claimed, then it must be. Or have I missed something? 

6 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

I just went on government gateway to see if I was ok to claim,it said I was,i got two texts with code numbers to confirm the claim and told me what I was getting[money]I just don't know if this is a scam or is it hmrc

If you was 100% on a .gov website you are OK.

They time slot thing is (I think) so the system isn't overwhelmed. If it allowed you to complete the claim then you must be after your allotted slot.

My slot was the same as Scully's after 08:00 Today.

If you got that far you don't need any sort of time slot.

Once you get to the bank details i think that's the last bit.

I did mine wednesday.....no time slot stuff....had to set up a gateway account  but it only took about 10-15 minutes to do it all.

Edited by wyn

3 minutes ago, wyn said:

I did mine wednesday.....no time slot....had to set up a gateway account  but it only took about 10-15 minutes to do it all.

ok mate many thanks its just I don't want scamming

5 minutes ago, wyn said:

I did mine wednesday.....no time slot....had to set up a gateway account  but it only took about 10-15 minutes to do it all.

hi mate,whats a gateway account

hello, do you all mean for self employed? i would check with Davyo he posted on the furlough scheme, my Son had a after 8 am slot today and duly filled in his details, will take 6 days to payment, please be careful and make sure you are on the correct web site

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I think the first lot of numbers or letters sent to you were to check it's you to set up the account.......six numbers i think

At the end of it all they give you 12 numbers that is the number you use if you want to log in to your gateway account

Edited by wyn

1 minute ago, wyn said:

I think the first lot of numbers or letters sent to you were to check it's you to set up the account.......six numbers i think

At the end of it all they give you 12 numbers that is the number you use if you want to log in to your gateway account

hi mate,yes that's what I got from them,iam not thick?i just hate scammers,i think I should be ok now ive heard some feeds from you all

12 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

hi mate,whats a gateway account

That's what you set up with the numbers and questions etc.

I think it can be used to check out your tax stuff and maybe check what sort of pension you will be paid.

It's the first time i've ever used it.

I checked my bank account number 3 times to make sure i didn't get it wrong.

Edited by wyn

20 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

******** myself ive gave my bank details to some scum

From what you’ve said I don’t think you’ve been scammed. HMRC send you relevant codes to confirm its you and then tell you how much you’re entitled to. 

41 minutes ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

******** myself ive gave my bank details to some scum

If it puts your mind at ease get in touch with your bank, email them tonight and call tomorrow, it can't do any harm.

But from other people's replies you sound ok.