NE and consents

scolopax

7 hours ago, lancer425 said:

2 clubs refused consent, would love to see reasons why they were refused?

if you read the link it explains why. Looks like a new policy of not granting a consent until the level of all shooting activity across the whole site is fully assessed, so on a large estuary where not all of the foreshore is controlled by clubs and many sections may be shot over privately or poached this will be almost impossible given the lack of resources and lack of ability NE have. Certainly by the start of the 2020 season anyway.

There was always a risk with Tony Juniper at the head of NE.

I remember reading that at his final interview for the post he was made to state and confirm he would remain impartial and not prejudice countrysports.

Well, given this latest turn of events he clearly has. There is enough evidence, cause and reason for Rt. Hon George Eustice MP DOE to walk into Junipers office today and dismiss him on the spot!

3 hours ago, scolopax said:

if you read the link it explains why. Looks like a new policy of not granting a consent until the level of all shooting activity across the whole site is fully assessed, so on a large estuary where not all of the foreshore is controlled by clubs and many sections may be shot over privately or poached this will be almost impossible given the lack of resources and lack of ability NE have. Certainly by the start of the 2020 season anyway.

Thanks for that.   There may be trouble ahead. !

48 minutes ago, Impax said:

There was always a risk with Tony Juniper at the head of NE.

I remember reading that at his final interview for the post he was made to state and confirm he would remain impartial and not prejudice countrysports.

Well, given this latest turn of events he clearly has. There is enough evidence, cause and reason for Rt. Hon George Eustice MP DOE to walk into Junipers office today and dismiss him on the spot!

Tony juniper was never going to be impartial. it would be nice to see him dismissed but i doubt it will happen.

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Thanks for that.   There may be trouble ahead. !

Tony juniper was never going to be impartial. it would be nice to see him dismissed but i doubt it will happen.

Given he made an assurance of impartiality on his acceptance of position, impartiality should be considered as part of his employment contract.

With the GL debacle last spring and this current event it is clear to see he is working to his own agenda.

Clearly he is abusing his position and power.

I see Wild Justice behind this, maybe not directly, but after last years GL fiasco NE will have been closely looking to see where there are any gaps in their current application of the regulations. This is part of the fall out, expect to see more effects around shooting on SSSI's and other sites of conservation interest.

Although I would expect BASC to be contacting Mp's regarding this, I have also written to my MP about it.... more input hopefully = more questions and pressure on NE.

Also new MP - last was a lefty labour anti, hope this one is better.... her write up suggested she would be

I have now had a chance to study this and find it unbelievable.

Judged by the number of protected sites not in favourable condition they are a failing organisation. They are underfunded.

And yet this vindictive campaign against a handful of fowlers taking a sustainable harvest goes on and on.

20 hours ago, Pushandpull said:

I have now had a chance to study this and find it unbelievable.

Judged by the number of protected sites not in favourable condition they are a failing organisation. They are underfunded.

And yet this vindictive campaign against a handful of fowlers taking a sustainable harvest goes on and on.

seen as an easy target as they have powers over us and limited numbers so not too much noise when we complain.....