Worst broadband

digger

Dont ever switch to BT Broadband, they really are rather pants. If you have a problem then Ranjiit will attempt to speak English and put you on hold for twenty minutes while he consults his Indian to English rough guide translation booklet and ask if your fridge is called Derek.

When you inform him your home hub is playing up then you will be placed on " **** music for ten minutes ", after that you will be asked to remove your gas appliances if they are green and paint your left eye ball orange. These could affect the fact that BT spend millions on ads telling us people return to them in their thousands, at vast expense, but help hide why they left in the first place. Ranjiit then returns to the line to explain that his booklet starts at " firewall " and ends with " sorry Sir, I am having difficulty in hearing you ".

Ask to speak to anyone who has English as their first language and be informed the managers are in a meeting. Explain that BT is supposed to be a reputable company and this is now beyond a joke to be told its the colour of my dogs eyes and her proximity to my lawn mower that is to blame.

Rant nearly over, suffice to sat I think BT are a total and utter joke.

IMO most large organisations are the same now - poor customer service made even worse when relocated abroad. We're all just small cogs on a very large wheel and they don't give a hoot about loosing your custom as it won't show on the radar.

I had problems with Tiscali which I took all the way to the CEO before it was sorted - and then it was too late as my contract was up so I could give them the bird and went elsewhere.

At least you can get though. I recently switched from prodigy networks to namesco. It was difficult to say in the least as they don't answer e-mails or the phone. I ended up cancelling the account as it was impossible to get a MAC of them. I'm now getting 8mb for the same price of my old 1mb connection and getting a better service at the same time as far as I'm concerened.

Dont ever switch to BT Broadband, they really are rather pants. If you have a problem then Ranjiit will attempt to speak English and put you on hold for twenty minutes while he consults his Indian to English rough guide translation booklet and ask if your fridge is called Derek.

When you inform him your home hub is playing up then you will be placed on " **** music for ten minutes ", after that you will be asked to remove your gas appliances if they are green and paint your left eye ball orange. These could affect the fact that BT spend millions on ads telling us people return to them in their thousands, at vast expense, but help hide why they left in the first place. Ranjiit then returns to the line to explain that his booklet starts at " firewall " and ends with " sorry Sir, I am having difficulty in hearing you ".

Ask to speak to anyone who has English as their first language and be informed the managers are in a meeting. Explain that BT is supposed to be a reputable company and this is now beyond a joke to be told its the colour of my dogs eyes and her proximity to my lawn mower that is to blame.

Digger

they are all the same mate,

I'm with NTL and hade the same thing on the phone,

Told them if your going to charge me prem rate then f-ing get me some one who came speak better english as you have to keep saying the same thing a dozen times before i now what the f your on about and its costing me a fortune to sort out your faulty equipment.

PELTMAN ???

virgin media just the same phone up the customer services and you will get through after 25 mins or so to COLIN.

IN Bangipoordehlipunjabistan( who thinks he speaks perfect english and you and me are thick as a row of **** buckets)

If these companies chose to appoint cheap labour in the far east they could at least make sure they can speak our language,

and understand the product instead of reading off a card. to solve our problems.

BT, i hope you realise this stands for bangladesh telecomunications ltd

Yes i know what you mean only the other day some1 rung me up and i was told if i stayed with bt they would reduce the monthly payments to £19 and throw in bt vision but needed a external arial which i chucked the other week as getting it all through sky ****** so i think i must be up for my 12 months dunno what to do for the best put another arial up but i thought we are going off analogue to digital whats every else on and how much?

My sister-in-law sighed up for BT dial-up a few weeks ago despite my insistence that should could get Virgin broadband for the same money.

She did what she normally does…..and ignored me, stating that she knew exactly what she was doing and only needed dial-up because………….she then went into a plethora of stupid excuses. ???

Anyway to cut a long story short….she phoned my wife up to tell her that she had received a humongous bill for her dial-up.

Apparently she is being charged 5p per minute up to 6.00pm and then 1p per minute afterwards, :good: and that was on top of her normal contract bill of @ £18 per month. :lol:

Gawd knows how much the bill was, but she isn’t as bloody snotty as she was a few weeks ago

G.M.

My support's **** too, as above Gupta, Shulpa and Anil have been polite enough (but aloof) but it took hours to get what appears to have been just a case of settings right. It's cheap tho- TalkTalk, 8 Mb unlimited BB, UK and International calls and line rental for £22 month.

I use Sky £23 a month for Sky TV, Talk (Free Calls) and 8mb Broad Band (with free wireless router)

Had a few dramas with wireless network but a call to a UK call Centre and 10 mins later all singing and dancing, Cant complain.

On the flip side you stil have to have a BT line and thats where the drams begin - New build with pre installed telephone line. call Bt to acativate it (VIA India!!) am told that i have to pay a new install fee not an activation fee, and tring to explain that it was already in didnt get me anywhere, eventually i was told an engineer could come out but it would cost me an install fee but if i already had a line i could cancel him before he came out to tell me i had one, but he has to come out to tell me i have one and charge me?!! (confused???)

Anyway after explaining to an English speaking manager i was told that BT pre install all new builds and then you pay for the time of the engineer when you want the line , yet if it is an old build with a lne you only have to activate it

2 snotty letters later explaining that 50000 new build per year x by £150 install fee incase one day you may want a phone line = £6 250 000 PA - no wonder my shares prices are down!!!

Upon asking why sky dont pre install dishes to every new build incase you want sky i was told (get this) it doesnt make business sense as it would be to expensive just incase you wanted sky!!! now can you see my point!!

Anyhow phone was activated no charge and a refunded install fee (which i didnt pay!!) take that BT.

And British telecom .... BRITISH ... Bring home the call center.

Rant Over

IVE GOT IT.

we all emigrate to bangladehlicurryisgoodforyourbum.

we can then call customer services which should be in blighty. YEEEES. ???:good::lol:

PS I just cant help being a ****.