20MOA Rail

steve_b_wales

12 minutes ago, snow white said:

Can’t see how it matters so long that the bolt works

well his zero is either going o be 20moa higher or lower lol. sort of defeats the object if its higher.

small to the front to cant the bore up. what rifle is it for? check your bolts are not too long and pass through action. also use correct thread lock and torque down

9 minutes ago, 243deer said:

thick part at the front to angle the scope upwards

mainly used if your scope does not have enough turret adjustment to allow for say a 28ft drop at 600 yards and you want to 'dial in' the distance.

totally wrong....

small end forward to cant the barrel up making your 100yrd zero  20moa higher.  you then wind your scope turret 20moa lower and you end up with extra 20moa of upward adjustment on your scope.

my sightron is 35moa up 35moa down fit a 20moa rail and ya get 55moa up and 15moa down. over a scope with 70moa range. more upwards adjustment for further ranges

Edited by SPARKIE

Just now, SPARKIE said:

totally wrong....

small end forward to cant barrel up making your 100yrd zero  20moa higher giving you the wind your turret 20moa lower and you end up with extra 20moa of upward adjustment on your scope.

sorry, my mistake, quite right

4 hours ago, SPARKIE said:

1066 its a canted rail bit more than 1mm the action isn't stepped it fits a howa action. I have the same on mine

The front fixing on the Howa is 3mm thinner than the rear fixing, this is nothing to do with the 20moa. A 0 moa rail for the Howa would still be 3mm thinner at the front as the fixing points on the receiver are at different heights - Ie. It can't be fitted any other way. As you say, the 20moa incline is only around 1mm over the length of the rail and not easy to see.