Pull away shooting

Hi guys i shoot swing through, have done all my life .Been shooting forty odd years and do quit well .Ive been trying to shoot pull away on some long clay targets but not getting anywhere fast.Do you still concentrate on the clay with your eyes like swing through .I keep wanting to look down the barrel to put it on the caly then pull away.Not working im afraid

I use a combination of the two really. If there’s time I swing up to the target from behind rather than mount on the target, and then whip the barrels away in front to kill it. If there isn’t time I just swing through . It’s hard to tell the difference from my point of view, at times. 
Always look at the bird, never at your barrels. Peripheral vision and instinct tells you when to pull the trigger, just like it does when you are surprised by that fast pigeon you see in the last second when you whip up your gun and fire without thinking, and are rewarded by a pillowcase of downy feathers. 🙂

52 minutes ago, Scully said:

I use a combination of the two really. If there’s time I swing up to the target from behind rather than mount on the target, and then whip the barrels away in front to kill it. If there isn’t time I just swing through . It’s hard to tell the difference from my point of view, at times. 
Always look at the bird, never at your barrels. Peripheral vision and instinct tells you when to pull the trigger, just like it does when you are surprised by that fast pigeon you see in the last second when you whip up your gun and fire without thinking, and are rewarded by a pillowcase of downy feathers. 🙂

I'm an old 80yr old grumpy old you know what so do not undertstand the term. I was taught a little over70yrs ago, to look at the bird/clay and then let instinct take over. If you point your finger at something you don't have sights on it and don't 'aim' up it and I guarantee your brain will do the work for you, so I fully agree with what Scully says.