Facebook Live - BASC's political work - 3pm Monday 3rd August

On 05/08/2020 at 01:14, scolopax said:

but this was not aimed at the general public, it was aimed at shooters, BASC members to be more specific

There is no doubt that considerable efforts are being made by BASC to communicate more which is grand because it suggests that they do eventually listen to members. 

This brings me back to a criticism of BASC that needs banging on about. 

I do not expect the committee to have the skills to put on professional material but I do expect them to have the wisdom to realise their shortcomings. Expecting anything on the internet not to be available for everyone to see is head in the sand stuff.

The world moves at a much faster pace now via social media, the opportunity is there via innumerable portals to get the shooting worlds message across but it would be all too easy not to get value for money.

BASC need a professional media company to oversee what they are putting out in public and move it into the public eye. There needs to be a sea change in how professional they are perceived as 'the voice of shooting'.

This will not only increase their reach to the general public but will definitely increase their reach to the 400000 or so shotgun ticket holders who are not members.

The general houseperson no longer buys and cooks game, rabbit, venison or pigeon yet these meats continue to sell well in restaurants and whenever there is a  cooking demonstration at a game fair the tent is full.  Good, professional looking videos, free to the public need to be produced and promoted correctly (yes, this does mean spending money) to produce a demand for game meat. Doing this at game fairs is brilliant but. relatively speaking, you are preaching to many who are already converted and have access to supplies.

At the moment BASC are fighting a rear guard action, time it went on the counter-offensive. As anyone who has ever done any wargaming knows counter-offensives need to be now - not next week.

21 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

Hi Scully form what i can see this was a live session via facebook, enabling a Q & A session, at the end someone asked about the offensive weapons bill. 

I think the media centre would be used to make videos, contact media and radio. this was via face ache as i call it. 

I thought it was good and if they are answering questions even better. 

If you think that’s good enough, then fair enough. 

7 hours ago, 243deer said:

There is no doubt that considerable efforts are being made by BASC to communicate more which is grand because it suggests that they do eventually listen to members. 

This brings me back to a criticism of BASC that needs banging on about. 

I do not expect the committee to have the skills to put on professional material but I do expect them to have the wisdom to realise their shortcomings. Expecting anything on the internet not to be available for everyone to see is head in the sand stuff.

The world moves at a much faster pace now via social media, the opportunity is there via innumerable portals to get the shooting worlds message across but it would be all too easy not to get value for money.

BASC need a professional media company to oversee what they are putting out in public and move it into the public eye. There needs to be a sea change in how professional they are perceived as 'the voice of shooting'.

This will not only increase their reach to the general public but will definitely increase their reach to the 400000 or so shotgun ticket holders who are not members.

The general houseperson no longer buys and cooks game, rabbit, venison or pigeon yet these meats continue to sell well in restaurants and whenever there is a  cooking demonstration at a game fair the tent is full.  Good, professional looking videos, free to the public need to be produced and promoted correctly (yes, this does mean spending money) to produce a demand for game meat. Doing this at game fairs is brilliant but. relatively speaking, you are preaching to many who are already converted and have access to supplies.

At the moment BASC are fighting a rear guard action, time it went on the counter-offensive. As anyone who has ever done any wargaming knows counter-offensives need to be now - not next week.

I’d have to agree with much of that.

The Voice of Shooting needs to cast its voice further afield, by those who know how to do so, because currently no one but us shooters can hear them....and that’s only as a whisper. 
Get out there and get it done. 

9 hours ago, Salopian said:

Terry , thank you for being such a loyal BASC member , maybe you could answer my questions please ?

I see Conor has been 'promoted ' to Director of Lack of Communication !

He appears to only reply when it suits him to do so .

Hi Salopian 

i could only try what is the question ?

Best Wishes

Terry

Terry ,

Here are the questions that I have asked Conor to give me an answer to:-

A couple of questions that I would like answers to  please .

1. Why was this podcast started before the communications was correctly connected ?

2. What was the cost to BASC to have the Media Centre built ?

3. Why is the Media Centre not utilised for communication with the Press , Media & Membership ?

Thank you .

Edited by Salopian

1 hour ago, Salopian said:

Terry ,

Here are the questions that I have asked Conor to give me an answer to:-

A couple of questions that I would like answers to  please .

1. Why was this podcast started before the communications was correctly connected ?

2. What was the cost to BASC to have the Media Centre built ?

3. Why is the Media Centre not utilised for communication with the Press , Media & Membership ?

Thank you .

Ah ok,  not sure i get how those questions relate to this post ?

1,  Didn't know it was, when i saw the link it worked?

2, Don't know and do not understand how that relates to this ?

3, it is? as i understand this centre is used to communicate with radio etc and make videos.

Conor will be able to clarify I am sure

On 07/08/2020 at 09:46, Salopian said:

Terry , thank you for being such a loyal BASC member , maybe you could answer my questions please ?

I think you will find that if you are a Basc member and contact them they will answer your questions.

Terry ,

You obviously struggle with logic ?

1. In the link that I watched Christopher was struggling with communication and a young lady was doing the repair , this should have been sorted before going on air .

2. The Media Centre should be used for media communication , it should have all the necessary equipment to present a professional broadcast .That is how I perceive a Media Centre to be utilised.

3. Is it really ?  Why do they frequently use the Westminster suite ? Why have spokespersons travelled to Media City Salford ? I think you will find that the media centre is often used as a storeroom .

holloway ,

Really ? Are you sure ?

Conor is on here often enough , obviously my questions don't require an answer from anyone .

Just pay my membership and watch members money being wasted.

1 hour ago, Salopian said:

Terry ,

You obviously struggle with logic ?

1. In the link that I watched Christopher was struggling with communication and a young lady was doing the repair , this should have been sorted before going on air .

2. The Media Centre should be used for media communication , it should have all the necessary equipment to present a professional broadcast .That is how I perceive a Media Centre to be utilised.

3. Is it really ?  Why do they frequently use the Westminster suite ? Why have spokespersons travelled to Media City Salford ? I think you will find that the media centre is often used as a storeroom .

holloway ,

Really ? Are you sure ?

Conor is on here often enough , obviously my questions don't require an answer from anyone .

Just pay my membership and watch members money being wasted.

Salopian 

you clearly struggle with facts hence I cannot understand your logic ! 

1, the link is not a podcast it was a facebook live session - a podcast is audio 

2, see point 1, facebook live is another form of communication not just to BASC members but to all who choose to watch it.

3, yes it really is.  You clearly have no clue what you are taking about do you.  Media is done in many ways not always from one place people like to see face to face discussions ...

You really need to get your facts straight before you make your self look any sillier, I can now see why Conor ignores you ..

Mods - can we get an ignore button ? 😂

Edited by Terry2016

On 07/08/2020 at 09:46, Salopian said:

I have been posting on this forum for many years because I believe that there is value in doing so for the advice and feedback received online and offline from forum members (BASC members or not) on a range of topics. Your comment above is personal and uncalled for and rather than hide behind your keyboard making such comments may I suggest that you show some maturity, dignity and integrity and email me or Christopher with your membership number if you genuinely have some advice/feedback on the topics you raise as a BASC member. The impression you are giving from some of your posts on here is that your questions and comments are disingenuous. Hopefully that is not your intention so please get in touch directly as suggested.