Return to Work Payments - Abuse?

norfolk dumpling

Myself and a few colleagues have been told to report for work - we are off furlough. However having contacted the office manager it seems there is little work for us to do and those who remained are sitting around or doing short days. This is zero hours work so it appears company may be taking the £1,000 'return to work' bonus but then not supplying any paid work. I was up for redundancy but this would cost them money. Is this a fiddle?

• 2 weeks later...

It's now looking a little more sinister than I originally though. It seems that my employers are using our zero hours t's & c's to run down driver numbers (and possibly getting £1k bonus for those remaining!). The work isn't there so we are told off furlough phone your manager. We phone manager who says yes some work offered to a handful of drivers and we will contact you if work increases. Ok so when? In a months time! So no money from government and no paid work so hardship for drivers (not me as this is fill-in work in my retirement) but for others this will be a major problem.

Some employers are just , dirty ,cheating , scamming , xxxxxxxx . Let's hope that when this is all over , the government does a little bit of back tracking to retrieve some of the funds that were taken so disgracefully,  and let's hope that some of those company owners lose their homes and get put into prison.

Guest cookoff013
On 10/08/2020 at 17:01, mel b3 said:

Some employers are just , dirty ,cheating , scamming , xxxxxxxx . Let's hope that when this is all over , the government does a little bit of back tracking to retrieve some of the funds that were taken so disgracefully,  and let's hope that some of those company owners lose their homes and get put into prison.

i couldnt agree more. 

i`m not bitter and twisted, but sometimes they go beyond reason.