Transport codes?

fatchap

I am waiting on a package from Cyprus, it was supposed to arrive Friday, I have been tracking its progress across Europe as its quite expensive and now it seems to have ground to a halt. TNT seem to be the carrier which is not great news.

Does anyone on here understand or know these transport codes/locations, I have tried Google but no joy. 

My parcel has been at location MV9 for four days now and hasn't moved. Is MV9 a UK location or is it still somewhere in Europe?

59 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Oh great still in Europe. Be at least another week before that arrives then. And even then it will be guess where the driver left it.

It's got to go through customs yet. :) It could be in the UK as customs obviously don't scan parcels, so MV9 could be the last place it was scanned. 

Edited by walshie

I am assuming that from Cyprus to UK via France should not involve 'customs' in respect of duty payable etc.) as it is all EU (in the UK's case strictly EU transition rule set, which is still no customs), but there will probably be the usual 'security' checks for illegal materials etc.  My experience of incoming goods from EU is that it can be very 'hit and miss' as to timing, but is generally reliable given time.

If it has made it to Paris then it should be fast from there on.  There are no customs and checks on the parcel should have been done in the origin country.  Many of the carriers are working with massive volumes at the moment so that’s more likely to be the cause of the delay than anything else

17 minutes ago, The Heron said:

It just shows the difference between carriers I ordered something from America and two days later it was on my door step delivery by FedEx. 

I believe Fedex now own TNT anyway?

I have had both good and bad experiences with most carriers - it does seem very much 'luck' on the journey.  From USA, our UK customs can take anything from 'same day' to over a week to clear.  Before I retired I used to have quite a lot of European, Australasian and USA/Canada light freight involvement - and I honestly couldn't say some operators were good and some bad - as there was so much variability on different journeys.  What I would say is that complete loss was rare - and I have had more losses in UK only than internationally (where tracking seems to be better).

Something else to concern me about my parcel, I have just checked on the map on thier tracking page, despite me giving my address as Essex, according to the destination pointer my parcel is due to go to a field somewhere on the outskirts of Bleasdale.

So all is looking peachy!!

Edited by fatchap

All the Integrators (TNT UPS, FedEx, DHL) have multiple service levels (Deferred, Economy, Express, Timed delivery etc).  You tend to get what you pay for, or, in most cases, you get what the sender of the goods paid for. I would not worry too much, the package will arrive.  The systems these guys have are amazing.  MV9 is the Depot in Marly-la-Ville, France. From there it will get a line-haul to a UK depot.  If anyone wants to understand the science behind how they work out the line-haul planning there is a fascination 90 page document here, complied by the University of Twente.  It is not just ''lash it on the next truck''.  Lots of algorithms. https://essay.utwente.nl/77109/1/Karis_MA_BMS.pdf

If it’s anything like my Stick that I ordered at the beginning of June from Brownells in France (was still partly living there then), then I’m still waiting.

Last time I chased them in the middle of August it had apparently made its way to France and would be forwarded on to me in the UK in early September!!!!!!