Explain how this guy get 21 million of our Taxes ?

Agriv8

2 hours ago, Scully said:

So you were posting about the governments lack of foresight regarding their stocks of PPE, and the supply of such prior to the outbreak of Covid 19 were you? 
Your analogies are lacking conviction, think about them. 

I am indeed, and taking into the fact that we know there was a major exercise a few years ago planning for such a scenario as we have now - and it was flagged that a major issue was PPE stock levels - but hey - lets kick that into the long grass shall we!!

Anology - a process of arguing from similarity in known respects to similarity in other respects.

They don't have to have conviction! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, discobob said:

I am indeed, and taking into the fact that we know there was a major exercise a few years ago planning for such a scenario as we have now - and it was flagged that a major issue was PPE stock levels - but hey - lets kick that into the long grass shall we!!

Anology - a process of arguing from similarity in known respects to similarity in other respects.

They don't have to have conviction! :)

I don’t get ‘I am indeed’. Are you saying you were posting on here about the lack of government stocks of PPE PRIOR to the Covid 19 pandemic? 
I’m not sure there’s a point in comparisons if they lack conviction. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

But UK manufacturing overheads is so much higher than many other countries overall costs of doing business.

From what I can see through my 'Joe Bloggs' eyes on the sidelines - Industrial politics drove our manufacturing competitiveness away.

We need to follow Trump's lead and deregulate and incetivise. The EU have used regulation to divert the flow of funds to where it suited them, usually to ensure sympathetic voting. Once we're back in control we can look to remove some of the more ludicrous regulations that only server to increase cost to manufacture. Look at Germany after WW1, deregulation saw a crippled economy bounce back so far that they were able to fund a war 21 years after the first whooping.

1 hour ago, Demonic69 said:

....... Look at Germany after WW1, deregulation saw a crippled economy bounce back so far that they were able to fund a war 21 years after the first whooping.

Well, the Corbinistas would be happy with some of Hitler's more inventive policies to defund the Jews.

12 minutes ago, amateur said:

Well, the Corbinistas would be happy with some of Hitler's more inventive policies to defund the Jews.

You're probably right. It wasn't Hitler who fixed Germany's economy, he just benefitted from it, then took it to war. Pretty much the same as Labour tend to do.