School outbreaks

WalkedUp

On 24/11/2020 at 15:33, clangerman said:

grand childs education soared having one to one at home if children didn’t get a education when of it’s the parents fault 

‘of’ or ‘off’? 🤣

What were you saying about ‘a education’?

(When I went to school, I’m pretty sure, that should be ‘an education’?) 🤣🤣

Here’s a good one for you. 🙂There have been a few kids off from school locally now and then due to coming into contact with someone who has showed symptoms, but a local farming family take some beating for crass stupidity. The parents started showing symptoms so on their way to get tested they dropped off their two secondary school boys at school. They then went to get tested before one of them went back to pick up their sons at end of day.

Both tested positive but didn’t inform school nor keep their sons off. It was only after one of the boys told his mates whilst back at school, and word got back to a teacher that anyone was the wiser.
Who knows how many days had passed by then, and as a result the entire year was sent home, and all teachers off to get tested. Beggars belief! 

Edited by Scully

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Here’s a good one for you. 🙂There have been a few kids off from school locally now and then due to coming into contact with someone who has showed symptoms, but a local farming family take some beating for crass stupidity. The parents started showing symptoms so in their way to get tested they dropped off their two secondary school boys off at school. They then went to get tested before one of them went back to pick up their sons at end of day.

Both tested positive but didn’t inform school nor keep their sons off. It was only after one of the boys told his mates and word got back to a teacher that anyone was the wiser. Who knows how many days had passed by then, and as a result the entire year was sent home, and all teachers off to get tested. Beggars belief! 

I doubt very much if that's an isolated incident 😏

13 minutes ago, JKD said:

I doubt very much if that's an isolated incident 😏

I think you could well be right.

Another. One if OH’s sisters does the admin’ for a big school in Sheffield. The bloke who serviced all their IT problems ( and several other schools in the area ) tested positive which resulted in over 20 school staff having to isolate and be tested. 

8 hours ago, Scully said:

I think you could well be right.

Another. One if OH’s sisters does the admin’ for a big school in Sheffield. The bloke who serviced all their IT problems ( and several other schools in the area ) tested positive which resulted in over 20 school staff having to isolate and be tested. 

The school my wife works at hadn't had any problems,  but they had a few electricians in a few weeks ago and all of a sudden people are testing positive??

• 3 weeks later...

Another of my nephews, in a different school in a different county, is now also positive. Aged 7. Apparently they were doing a conga in the school last week as part of the Christmas games 🙈 then a boy was positive. My nephew has been isolating but developed symptoms the tested positive this afternoon.