Comparison, moderators.

Centrepin

Had a half hour or so on the rats this morning. My son with his recently purchased new Mossberg .410 pump. He's now had maybe 50 or so cartridges through it. Me with my very ancient Belgium, single shot, side lever .410. No idea when or who added the moderator or how many cartridges through.

We both use 2" x 9g Lyalvale Express non subsonic cartridges.

Decided to compare on a little video how quiet they are. Unfortunately the one of the Mossberg is unusable but trust me compared to mine its completely inaudible. Mines quiet but, wow, nothing from the Mossberg. 

20210101_134144.jpg

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I have one of those mods to go on a single 12 g, that's very quite with a 410, oh expensive rat shooting 🤔😁

£7. for a box of 25 x 2" x 9g. 

If you look at it like that its expensive compared to 12g, but for fun value, entertainment value and keeping your farmer happy priceless.

Hitting a fast running rat at any distance is real good fun. Nine this morning in first half hour before they went to ground. Bagged up and into furnace before moving onto crow/pigeon.

There'll be just as many this afternoon/tomorrow/tonight, but they certainly get your eyes focused first thing.

I'd be interested in how your single barrel 12g sounds once fitted.

36 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

£7. for a box of 25 x 2" x 9g. 

If you look at it like that its expensive compared to 12g, but for fun value, entertainment value and keeping your farmer happy priceless.

Hitting a fast running rat at any distance is real good fun. Nine this morning in first half hour before they went to ground. Bagged up and into furnace before moving onto crow/pigeon.

There'll be just as many this afternoon/tomorrow/tonight, but they certainly get your eyes focused first thing.

I'd be interested in how your single barrel 12g sounds once fitted.

Hello, a friend has a Baikal with same mod and he said was quite compared to normal sound, he only uses felt wad cartridges as plastic get caught in silencer, I will get around to doing it one day,

I've got a fully modded Baikal .410 and about a dozen types of different .410 cartridges including these little 2" 9s. When I get round to it I'm going to dig out my sound meter and take some measurements. Purely for a bit of fun as I don't need mine to be completely silent, just reduce the noise.