• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pops_Hants said:

Wow, 2 years! That’s just batty! 

im a little over 200 days since original application but they were suspended for a bit, and 107 days since my second application, had the interview now just waiting for the paperwork

I bet you’re thrilled, hopefully the delay hasn’t diminished your desire to take part in the hobby

Not at all- it was fading for sure but the boys at the club have been great and I just text a request and they'd bring down whatever I fancied from their collections! Spoilt I know- even got to the point I wondered if I needed an FAC with mates like that but it opens up so many doors, and the SGC is a bonus as it saves me relying on other people or borrowing one, I can go whenever I like!!!

So are you "approved"? I don't know why the simple admin bit takes SO long

30 minutes ago, Lurch003 said:

Not at all- it was fading for sure but the boys at the club have been great and I just text a request and they'd bring down whatever I fancied from their collections! Spoilt I know- even got to the point I wondered if I needed an FAC with mates like that but it opens up so many doors, and the SGC is a bonus as it saves me relying on other people or borrowing one, I can go whenever I like!!!

So are you "approved"? I don't know why the simple admin bit takes SO long

Ah fantastic! That sounds like you’ve had a great opportunity whilst waiting.

I had a very generous offer from a fellow PW member to go shooting whilst I was waiting which I was grateful for.

As far as I know I’m approved, the FEO said I was what he was calling a ‘green light’ application in that it didn’t need a second review. The only outstanding part of the puzzle was a historical check at all my previous address (I’ve had 4 in the last 10 years). Otherwise I should have the certificate as soon as that’s complete.

Hampshire is understaffed, but I’m not sure if they’re processing one at a time, or a handful through various check points, either way it feels even longer after my first application was suspended after 60 days. 

10 minutes ago, Pops_Hants said:

Ah fantastic! That sounds like you’ve had a great opportunity whilst waiting.

I had a very generous offer from a fellow PW member to go shooting whilst I was waiting which I was grateful for.

As far as I know I’m approved, the FEO said I was what he was calling a ‘green light’ application in that it didn’t need a second review. The only outstanding part of the puzzle was a historical check at all my previous address (I’ve had 4 in the last 10 years). Otherwise I should have the certificate as soon as that’s complete.

Hampshire is understaffed, but I’m not sure if they’re processing one at a time, or a handful through various check points, either way it feels even longer after my first application was suspended after 60 days. 

did nearly get invited to join @villamanfor a shoot but then he went quiet so might've upset him accidentally!

Fingers crossed for you it doesn't take much longer ;)

4 hours ago, Pops_Hants said:

Hey Rob, 

sorry I’ve not logged in for a few days, I wasn’t available weekend just gone but I think I have some time this weekend if you’re around? 

Hiya

I am planning on going shooting with some friends at spitfire on Saturday as we are due to a BBQ later that day. If you're willing to drive to Stockbridge you're welcome to join. Failing that I am around Wednesday and Friday if that's good with you, however I believe that with your job that may not work. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jan8p said:

FAC grant application went in today along with coterminous renewal of my SGC. I reckon…….7 months 🤪

I applied for the same about two weeks ago. South Wales police estimated in months not weeks but didn't give an exact figure.

The lovely admin lady who took my application did say that it wouldn't be anywhere near the same lead time as the SGC grant as a lot of the work has already been done.

If I'm sat in a field with rifle in hand for this time next year i'll be surprised.

Edited by Poor Shot