A bit of weekend shed time

boo

3 projects on the go , handle is purple heart , ash & walnut , coming along nicely, second is a piece of laburnham, going to be a table lamp , just sort a couple of splits out , ongoing, lastly bit left field , I've got a few fallow plates , what to do with them, so its going on an alder cutoff , actually looks flame like ,antler getting resin , green at the bottom, turning ocean blue then purple at the top , hopefully light will shine through, that's the plan , see what happens next few days..

20210425_191339.jpg

20210425_191358.jpg

20210425_191458.jpg

Alder with a bit of white spirit on , also just finished a chopping board of ash , with oak & walnut strip , which was kindly donated

20210425_151906.jpg

20210424_123221.jpg

I did a fallow and put some small antler legs on to make a platter for finger food with drinks before a barbie or lunch party. I was in Slovenia and went to a friends restraunt for a meal and he had a huge moose antler set up the same way with a selection of pieces of smoked sausage from a red deer I had shot that morning.  Will look forward to seeing your platter because I am sure it will be far better.

AlI holes drilled with interconnecting holes inbetween the others , so can run wire led lights in the resin , did wire up , looked funky , but this is a test piece, got some older resin to be used up to test and see what happens & goes wrong ! 

Far as I can take the lamp for now , ordered shade & flex , made a copper boss , be pressed in flush & piece of old pipe , shade will determine height , hopefully turn out ok , just topped up resin in the antler looks ok but wrong colours , on going

20210427_202120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...