410 for ducks?

Kris2019

410 on ducks is a feasible option, non tox in form of steel or the more expensive options is all down to your needs and how deep your pockets are.

If you are decoying ducks and they are responding steel loads will do at typical ranges. If your situation needs a bit more range it could be a switch to TSS or similar is the way to go for you.

In steel i would go for 6s for decoying 5s might have a little more clout but 6s have a better shot count and with 410 you have not got a lot of pellets especially in the less dense shot types.

If your using TSS for ducks 9s 10s would be good all around shot sizes, if on The lightercHW13/ HW15 or bismuth 7s or 8s could be a better option.

If encountering geese a simple switch to TSS 7s or 71/2 would be my choice.

With TSS you get more smaller pellet count of still lethal pellets, ideal situation

for smaller bores or lighter loads, exactly what the 410 requires. Its all about cost, and do you need the extra range it could be argued if your doing your job right and the ducks are playing steel should be adequate its down to you to decide if this is the case for you or not .

18 hours ago, MARSH GUN said:

410 on ducks is a feasible option, non tox in form of steel or the more expensive options is all down to your needs and how deep your pockets are.

If you are decoying ducks and they are responding steel loads will do at typical ranges. If your situation needs a bit more range it could be a switch to TSS or similar is the way to go for you.

In steel i would go for 6s for decoying 5s might have a little more clout but 6s have a better shot count and with 410 you have not got a lot of pellets especially in the less dense shot types.

If your using TSS for ducks 9s 10s would be good all around shot sizes, if on The lightercHW13/ HW15 or bismuth 7s or 8s could be a better option.

If encountering geese a simple switch to TSS 7s or 71/2 would be my choice.

With TSS you get more smaller pellet count of still lethal pellets, ideal situation

for smaller bores or lighter loads, exactly what the 410 requires. Its all about cost, and do you need the extra range it could be argued if your doing your job right and the ducks are playing steel should be adequate its down to you to decide if this is the case for you or not .

Cheers mate

On 31/07/2021 at 08:00, robbiep said:

Justcartridges do sell 410 steel, Winchester SuperX in a 2.5" or 3" cartridge.

Shot size 6, 14 or 20 gramme load, it's a bit on the small size for duck in my opinion, no larger shot size available.

If you're buying a slab then it'll cost about £200 per 250 shells, they don't sell it in smaller quantities

👍👍