Gun shop in the Essex area that I can get a gun sent to

Mungler

The gun shops I frequent all pi$$ and moan like nobodys on the subject of taking in guns from other shops across the country. Primarily they know they can't charge more than £30, there is loads of paperwork and saying no offends the punters.

One gun shop has suggested that:

1. the gun I am buying is delivered to the sellers local shop

2. I send my ticket to the gun shop in question (the seller's local gun shop) by next day delivery

3. the gun is then signed over onto my ticket by the seller's gun shop

4. my ticket is then sent back to me by next day delivery by the seller's gun shop

5. the gun comes up to / is sent to my local gun shop

6. I collect the gun from my local gun hop (the shop checks that it matches the one on my ticket etc)

7. I pay £35 for the "service" ?!!?

Apparently the gun shop likes it this way because:

1. there is no paperwork for them to fill out (it never goes on their books and they don't have to do any notifications)

2. if anything goes wrong it's my problem - the gun is on my ticket

3. there is no chance of me later saying that I bought the gun from the shop and that there should be a warranty (one of the gun shop owners said he got stung on this)

The other gun shop I asked (and they are all a miserable bunch if the truth be known) said they aren't interested in helping their "customers" buy in guns from other gun shops and the second hand market, because it means one less gun that they don't get to sell.

So, if anyone knows a friendly gun shop in the Essex area (as close to Brentwood as you can) that would like some Mungler custom and does gun transfers - the old fashioned way which doesn't involve my Firearms license going on a magical recorded delivery mystical tour round the Country then let me know.

Cheers all.

If you don't mind a £1 or £2 toll and a trip over the Thames I have had an ok experience with John Forsey's (Welling, Kent) + Countryways (West Malling Kent)

- Sorry, not up on Essex shops

- I pick up my .243 from Countryways next week - no fuss made at all.

Good Luck.

AndyCM

Hi,

I don't know if you have tried Alan at Eastern Sporting in Great Baddow but he is about the most helpful man I have ever met. It might have something to do with the fact I spend all my wages in there and then some, but I am sure he would do the transfer for you the old fashioned way.

I think the last time I needed his service for something simular he wanted £20

Hope this helps

EMT

My local shop know me on a personal level, I`m always rooting around after bargains, so they did the transfer through their books for a nominal £20(or £25 can`t remember) which was the price of the courier. I think it depends on whether they feel you have sent enough in their shop, ruthless I know but it`s a nasty world out there. If they have taken large amounts of wonga off you and don`t meet half way then go elsewhere.

Starlight, not a question of the cost but getting one of the miserables to play ball.

As it happened I was on a course today near to Eastern Sporting and popped in - nice chap, very helpful £35. Sorted

I will be gracing them with my not so inconsequential custom going forwards.

Mungler,

You are beginning to fit the description of NUTTER that you recently posted. :blush::good::good:

Will you be changing your name to "Tackleberry"? :lol:

Ever thought about AIRSOFT as well? Then you can add a couple of Beretta automatic pistols to the rack on the back of your bedroom door.

Don't make me put your names on my "list".

And yes, I did consider something more middle of the road rifle wise and then I thought.... ***, lets go mental. Indeed, if there is anything more mental outthere (in .22 or .223 [calibres available, for now]) then do let me know. I did see a straight pull Steyr Aug but it looked a bit fussy on getting bits and pieces for it.

I can't wait.

Returning to the thread, Alan at Eastern sporting - top chap - helpful and not in the slightest miserable - a refreshingly new type of gunshop for the Essex area.