Shotgun certificate refused

cartridge

On the speeding thing, well, the form is clear in that it wants you to list "convictions". You can't be convicted if you admit the offense :blush:

You have not been convicted of anything for an SP30. You are guilty of speeding but you were not convicted, for that you need a court (you don't always have to be there the court can rule in your absence).

For non severe SP30/SP50 (restricted and de-restricted roads) you have the option of admitting the offense and accepting a fixed penalty notice instead of going to court.

I'd still mention everything anyway, but I am quite sure you'd not need to mention these kind of things.

The advice i was given by the police when I applied was to state everything and that way they could see you were being honest and they could make their own minds up. In my case this is only a SP30 but better to be on the safe side rather than try to hide something.

As it says on the application form "the reabilatation of offender's act does not apply to this" so you have to disclose every and all convictions including ,cautions ,repremands, final warnings ,traffic offences and real convictions.

Probably should have told your mate that.

I did but he thinks he know it all, He even thinks all kinds off shotgun ammo can go on a shotgun certificate, even slug shot and he thinks, shot size 0 and shot size 1 are really big , i am like no . LOL

On the speeding thing, well, the form is clear in that it wants you to list "convictions". You can't be convicted if you admit the offense :blush:

You have not been convicted of anything for an SP30. You are guilty of speeding but you were not convicted, for that you need a court (you don't always have to be there the court can rule in your absence).

For non severe SP30/SP50 (restricted and de-restricted roads) you have the option of admitting the offense and accepting a fixed penalty notice instead of going to court.

I'd still mention everything anyway, but I am quite sure you'd not need to mention these kind of things.

The advice i was given by the police when I applied was to state everything and that way they could see you were being honest and they could make their own minds up. In my case this is only a SP30 but better to be on the safe side rather than try to hide something.

*sigh* if I get refused because of a SP30 4 years back that I forgot to put on.... I am going to be very very sad indeed...

I did but he thinks he know it all, He even thinks all kinds off shotgun ammo can go on a shotgun certificate, even slug shot and he thinks, shot size 0 and shot size 1 are really big , i am like no . LOL

So the system DOES work then, he shouldn't have a gun and now can't own one - legally anyway.

So the system DOES work then, he shouldn't have a gun and now can't own one - legally anyway.

Also goes to show the value of these forums - there's always so much information on hand. You can frequently find the information you need by searching or browsing rather than ask a question if you think it might make you look silly.

I was told, and did, delare speeding fines, but only what is currently on your licence.

Grrrrrrr...... Ill ring someone then.. although I'm not sure. I think the speeding offence is considered done after 4 years, but it can only be removed from your paper licence after 5? something like that... *sigh*

I was told, and did, delare speeding fines, but only what is currently on your licence.

Grrrrrrr...... Ill ring someone then.. although I'm not sure. I think the speeding offence is considered done after 4 years, but it can only be removed from your paper licence after 5? something like that... *sigh*

Don't worry about it but do, as soon as your FEO turns up for your interview, mention that you may have made an error of ommission by way of not including the fixed penalty on your form 103 application. That way, he'll know you haven't tried to hide anything and if it hadn't mattered anyway, there's no harm done.

BTW, I had a simular thing when I'd posted in my application and so I phoned the FEO's office(Surrey Plod), this is what they advised me to do.

thats interesting because the way i read it is all past convictions need to be written on. Personally I think if you left off speeding tickets then you would have no problems claiming ignorance. Obviously to be absolutely squeaky then write everything on but if you were knocking on a bit you could in theroy have had rather a lot of SP30's over a 40 year driving period and certainly not remember the dates :blush:

Christ, conviction and offence. Admitting an offence and being found guilty of offence mean one thing - conviction or not a conviction.

Are people that daft that they can't see the difference.

Read the ******* form :lol:

Ironing form?

Washing form?

Driving form?

could continue but the brain at this time is passed it!!

By the way the CD10 and TS10 for my case was heard in Daventry magistrates court, therfore I was CONVICTED lol

Whe I applied for my SGC I was told by the FEO to disclose ANY motoring convictions so I declared a 11 year old TS10 offence and a 10 year old CD10

Andy

Same here, my FEO said "a conviction is a conviction, regardless" and if you don't disclose it you will have serious issues...

Si