Pheasant mincing.

royden

Been trying to mince some Pheasant breasts so that i can try out some recipes that i have for burgers. The meat seems too soft to push through my old cast mincer so i am struggling. I have put the mincer in the freezer to chill it and the meat in the fridge but before i waste any more has anyone any suggestions please.

10 minutes ago, royden said:

Been trying to mince some Pheasant breasts so that i can try out some recipes that i have for burgers. The meat seems too soft to push through my old cast mincer so i am struggling. I have put the mincer in the freezer to chill it and the meat in the fridge but before i waste any more has anyone any suggestions please.

Send a PM to Gingercat on this forum. He is quite an expert in these matters.

I use an electric driven mincer with a cast unit and have minced a fair bit of pheasant meat mainly for game pies and never had a problem.  I use the largest die for this job because the resultant meat is coarse grained for game pie. I tend to feed a mix of game meats and belly pork all cut into about 1 inch strips which may make a difference.

I have also used the same for burgers but with quality beef steak instead of belly pork. Nver any left should we invite friends.

There is little doubt that for making burgers then mixing meat does do a better job than just straight pheasant breast meat or even straight venison. It is learning what percentage of mix works best.