Gas and Electric Energy supply Cap Up from April 1st and its not a joke !!

oldypigeonpopper

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

That's very cheap.  I'm quite frugal with electricity (though I do use it for cooking and have fridge/freezer and separate fridge and freezer) and use 10 KWh per day, which even on my older fixed tariff is £1.83 plus £0.235 standing charge, so a touch over £2 a day.

i dont have a big seperate freezer....i have eco light bulbs..(christ they are expensive)...very careful on my washing machine..cook on lecky...use slow cooker alot...and ALWAYS turn the lights off.......i am very careful...one thing i wont give up is my fan heater...i get very cold feet now and again..so i put it on for 5mins to warm em up 

dont know what else i can do to cut my usage down now

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i dont have a big seperate freezer....i have eco light bulbs..(christ they are expensive)...very careful on my washing machine..cook on lecky...use slow cooker alot...and ALWAYS turn the lights off.......i am very careful...one thing i wont give up is my fan heater...i get very cold feet now and again..so i put it on for 5mins to warm em up 

dont know what else i can do to cut my usage down now

Couldn't you just get the maid to massage your feet ?.

Did anyone watch the tv program last night about the energy apparently it been building up since 2013 when smaller companies had been allowed to set up selling energy. It appears that Offgem did nothing at all to ensure the companies where viable and they didn't even have to have experience in it. The downside is that we have to pay for these failures even Notts Council admitted they didn't know how to do business correctly and Notts tax payer's are now £35million out of pocket. I think each and every one who has a hand in it should be sacked especially Offgem.