Wonder if there was an air rifle club near Tenbury , Wells

johnphilip

air rifle clubs were very very popular at that time......even most pubs had one....all the history of them has all but dissapeared which is a shame....bits and pieces and cups and medals do turn up at auction now and again...and sometimes old photos of the shooting teams...

it was seriously popular..

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

air rifle clubs were very very popular at that time......even most pubs had one....all the history of them has all but dissapeared which is a shame....bits and pieces and cups and medals do turn up at auction now and again...and sometimes old photos of the shooting teams...

it was seriously popular..

Always good to hear from someone who was there!   :good:

Just now, ditchman said:

got your nasty hat on today ?

No, I have my literal hat on and took you at your word, been out for a late lunch of roast partridge  and some nice red wine, followed by the GP highlights.

Got home, logged on, replied to some PMs and then found the article about Mr Singh's house, posted that and then saw the air rifle medal thread and your informed reply.

I reckon a bit of indoor air gunning ,  would be the only thing that would tempt me into a pub these days.

I'd like to think that one day , the powers that be would realise that legal gun owners are the good guys . I won't hold my breath while I'm waiting though.

Bit more info , he has cleaned it up a bit , here is the back .

So G.A.R.L....... T.W .

So maybe  " G"  air rifle league  maybe a place or pub like Simon said .

Metal detecting is not just the fun of finding something in the field its going home and doing the research,  who did it belong to  

Screenshot_20220411-101648_Facebook.jpg

facinating.......really good post with a good outcome...........so many posts are left hanging in the air...but you have closed this one out ..:good:

certainly looks like a medallion from a pub league air rifle club/team

maybe do some research on the Roberts cup...what teams shot for it in the 30's........inthe 60's when i was at skool we shot for the Lord Roberts rose bowl every year.......so there should be some information about the cup/cups

Edited by ditchman