This could have been really really embarrassing...

enfieldspares

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

let’s be honest the real problem is those who dress like a bad drag act don’t like being laughed at well I’m sorry but if they look hilarious I’m going to laugh so if they don’t like it wear something else or at least shave their legs lol 

Yeah, let’s be honest shall we? No one likes being laughed at, ( you’ll be aware of that more than most ) and I’ve no doubt I’d have laughed too if I’d seen him. None of that however, makes him unfit to do a job in government, that came about when he broke the law and tried to flee to escape the consequences. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, it is ok for you to black up and wear a dreadlock wig; you can even call yourself Winston if you so choose.  🙂

My god scully , you utter racist fossil . Your racist  opinions belong in the 1930s , and have no place in modern society . I can't believe that anyone would think that this is acceptable behaviour in this day and age . Do you sit at home watching episodes of love they neighbour on YouTube.

Shocked and appalled of Tipton.😁

If you take a look back through the posts , nobody has said that he shouldn't be allowed to do it . You're just reading it that way so that you can play the outraged wokeist . 👍

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

My god scully , you utter racist fossil . Your racist  opinions belong in the 1930s , and have no place in modern society . I can't believe that anyone would think that this is acceptable behaviour in this day and age . Do you sit at home watching episodes of love they neighbour on YouTube.

Shocked and appalled of Tipton.😁

If you take a look back through the posts , nobody has said that he shouldn't be allowed to do it . You're just reading it that way so that you can play the outraged wokeist . 👍

Me woke?! That’s the funniest thing I’ve read yet! 😀 I’m not woke, I just left the 1970’s where they belong, in the past! 
I never suggested blacking up, that was you! Forgotten already? You’re not just shocked and appalled, you’re senile too! 🙂

23 minutes ago, Scully said:

Me woke?! That’s the funniest thing I’ve read yet! 😀 I’m not woke, I just left the 1970’s where they belong, in the past! 
I never suggested blacking up, that was you! Forgotten already? You’re not just shocked and appalled, you’re senile too! 🙂

I suggest that you take a look at what you posted scully . I asked if you thought it was acceptable.  you said that it was acceptable to , black up , wear a dreadlock wig , and call yourself Winston.  Those are your words , not mine. Would it be rude of me to point out that your not only racist and fake woke , but you're also senile ?.

I really did expect better from you scully 😁.

IMG-20220713-WA0008.jpg

Edited by mel b3

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

But they have said that they wouldn't want them to be an MP because of it  - independent of what this chap's done:

'For the record no I don't want men in womens clothes sat in Parliament.' And there have been numerous posts tying their outrage (whether mock or genuine) to both the accident and what he was wearing - occasionally more the latter. But as Vince Green said, that's got absolutely nothing to do with the case and has nothing to do with how good an MP he is.

So for people to also claim that if he doesn't have 'blokish traits about himself' he should not be canvassing is inherently discriminatory. I have no idea what blokish would look like, but it sounds remarkably like a candidate who's not going to appeal to at least half the population of his constituency - and if it's got anything to do with the sort of 'blokish' behaviour one sees at football matches, then the only thing I can say is I'm glad he doesn't have 'blokish traits'.

Scully's wokism extends to wanting people to be allowed to do as the please free of judgement and criticism - but that includes being allowed to dress up as a black character! But too often we can't do things because offence is assumed, whether it's felt or not and things get banned. I've always wanted to go as Virginia Woolf to a fancy dress party, but these days the blacking up issue makes that impossible - a spectacular irony there. 

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

But they have said that they wouldn't want them to be an MP because of it  - independent of what this chap's done:

They have just as much right to not want him as an mp , as he has to dress as a woman . As far as I'm aware , it still isn't against the law to have an opinion . You might want to explain that to scully. Maybe then he would lay off calling people dinosaurs and homophobes , just because they don't agree with his view of the world.

Scully's wokism extends to wanting people to be allowed to do as the please.

Scullys wokeism extends to people that agree with him. You've been here long enough to know that mate.

I've always wanted to go as Virginia Woolf to a fancy dress party, but these days the blacking up issue makes that impossible - a spectacular irony there. 

Knock yourself out Chris,  scully says it's OK 👍 😁.

59 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I suggest that you take a look at what you posted scully . I asked if you thought it was acceptable.  you said that it was acceptable to , black up , wear a dreadlock wig , and call yourself Winston.  Those are your words , not mine. Would it be rude of me to point out that your not only racist and fake woke , but you're also senile ?.

I really did expect better from you scully 😁.

IMG-20220713-WA0008.jpg

Are you for real!! Hilarious! 😀What the hell has Nelson Mandela got to do with it? You really are in the 1970’s aren’t you, in a cave if what you’re writing about is anything to go by! Open your eyes and look around you! 
Despite what Mr Mandela said, the world definitely is divided by all those things he says it isn’t, this thread being a perfect example! 
It is no more illegal as far as I’m aware, to black up than it is to wear womens clothes. There are some who will find either distasteful, unacceptable or offensive ( just like killing stuff for entertainment! 😀) but none of that makes it illegal. 

He/she is never going to work as an MP again but will almost certainly get a job as a presenter for the BBC, as Vince said [and Scully]  the fact that "they" have dodgy dress sense or live in a big house has no bearing on the case and should not be mentioned in court.  If we go down that route then most of the government will end up in court......hmmm..:hmm:

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

Are you for real!! Hilarious! 😀What the hell has Nelson Mandela got to do with it? You really are in the 1970’s aren’t you, in a cave if what you’re writing about is anything to go by! Open your eyes and look around you! 
Despite what Mr Mandela said, the world definitely is divided by all those things he says it isn’t, this thread being a perfect example! 
It is no more illegal as far as I’m aware, to black up than it is to wear womens clothes. There are some who will find either distasteful, unacceptable or offensive ( just like killing stuff for entertainment! 😀) but none of that makes it illegal. 

You just can't see how racist you are can you Scully.  You also can't see your double standards , you think that it's OK for you to have an opinion , but it's not OK for others to have an opinion .

In all honesty,   I've just been pulling your leg all day , and your woke outrage , and always needing to have the last word , has forced you to bite . I really don't care what he wears , but I do think that he's a despicable coward,  that should never be allowed to be a MP.

I'll bow out now scully , before you have a stroke , or punch your toy golliwog. 😁

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You just can't see how racist you are can you Scully.  You also can't see your double standards , you think that it's OK for you to have an opinion , but it's not OK for others to have an opinion .

In all honesty,   I've just been pulling your leg all day , and your woke outrage , and always needing to have the last word , has forced you to bite . I really don't care what he wears , but I do think that he's a despicable coward,  that should never be allowed to be a MP.

I'll bow out now scully , before you have a stroke , or punch your toy golliwog. 😁

Racist AND woke! 🙂

You haven’t a clue have you? Have you any idea what we’re discussing here? Did you read that quote by Mr Mandela before you posted it?

We’re not talking about opinions for crying out loud, we’re talking about creating division and resentment through intolerance for those who are wired up differently, or for that matter just different.
No bloke just decides one morning, ‘ I know, I think I’ll go to work in a dress today.’ It’s just the way they are wired up, it’s not a lifestyle choice. They will have done it in secret for years, living in fear they would be discovered because they know there are people out there like some on PW, just waiting in the wings to point fingers and ridicule. 
It is common to ridicule that which unsettles or makes us uncomfortable, but there’s nothing to be frightened of….you can’t catch ‘gay’! 😀

My dear old Mam knitted me a toy golliwog from a pattern in Woman’s Realm, when I was small! I remember it well. 🙂👍

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Racist AND woke! 🙂

You haven’t a clue have you? Have you any idea what we’re discussing here? Did you read that quote by Mr Mandela before you posted it?

We’re not talking about opinions for crying out loud, we’re talking about creating division and resentment through intolerance for those who are wired up differently, or for that matter just different.
No bloke just decides one morning, ‘ I know, I think I’ll go to work in a dress today.’ It’s just the way they are wired up, it’s not a lifestyle choice. They will have done it in secret for years, living in fear they would be discovered because they know there are people out there like some on PW, just waiting in the wings to point fingers and ridicule. 
It is common to ridicule that which unsettles or makes us uncomfortable, but there’s nothing to be frightened of….you can’t catch ‘gay’! 😀

My dear old Mam knitted me a toy golliwog from a pattern in Woman’s Realm, when I was small! I remember it well. 🙂👍

Well I hope that you're feeling better , now that you've got that off your chest , and had the last word 👍.