A charity shop bargain!

Stephen-H

My hide pole bag has been split & tawn for a good while now many bodges with electrical tape etc have failed so while browsing in a local charity shop today I found this bag hung up in the corner just marked up mens bag.I thought it would fit the bill for the job having the height on its size & the base being reinforced multiple large pockets so I picked it up for the grand sum of ...£3 put some of my pigeon deocoying kit in it this afternoon can comfortably hold 100 cartridges possibly 150 at a push. Fits five hide poles in side & ten half shell with room to spare debating adding the large net inside there is also pockets for the shell sticks , multiple water bottles for out in the field & small top compartment for the clips I sometimes use to hold the net in place & a pen knife all this & it's a backpack so easier to carry the weight around. The space I've saved has allowed me to put my ff6 flapper & battery into the drum swivel seat so also easier to carry. If anyone is after a similar bag google hockey bags/ hockey stick bags 

20220712_154152.jpg

20220712_155903.jpg

The next time my 27th repair fall to bits , I will have to seriously think about investing a good part of my grand daughters inheritance on a pole bag , I have been keeping my eyes open around our big local car boot that have a few fishing stalls , I often see the odd rod bag but some look heavy , or they are asking to much , but the search will continue and I might well look into something very similar to your investment :drinks:

Nice one! I love a rummage in a charity shop, over the years i've  found an immaculate game bag which needed a new front strap found a suitable belt  for the repair in the belt basket, a lap top bag, a mitchell 206 spinning reel, Hugh Falkus fishing books, wellington boot bag, and some old style cork fishing floats.

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Billy Bargain. 👍

Do love a charity shop rummage 

11 hours ago, marsh man said:

The next time my 27th repair fall to bits , I will have to seriously think about investing a good part of my grand daughters inheritance on a pole bag , I have been keeping my eyes open around our big local car boot that have a few fishing stalls , I often see the odd rod bag but some look heavy , or they are asking to much , but the search will continue and I might well look into something very similar to your investment :drinks:

Good luck in your search marsh man I had looked at golf club bags before this one popped up 

11 hours ago, Aled said:

Nice one! I love a rummage in a charity shop, over the years i've  found an immaculate game bag which needed a new front strap found a suitable belt  for the repair in the belt basket, a lap top bag, a mitchell 206 spinning reel, Hugh Falkus fishing books, wellington boot bag, and some old style cork fishing floats.

Love a good charity shop find I'm yet to find a game bag tho might have to go further out into the countryside ones! I always wish I would find a lovely vintage barbour coat in one the closet I have come is a barbour polo shirt so far but fingers crossed 🤞